• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smallville ... WTF??!?

77 posts in this topic

It was. I gotta pay more attention to the story...But a buddy just told me that Lana plays a stripper in next weeks episode.

Correction to that: Lois plays the stripper... 'way hot!

Zod is Jor-El.

Huh? confused.gif

Exactly. Huh?

Although with the way he acts in the series, it would make more sense if it was Zod posing as Jor-El..

Terence Stamp in Superman 2 = General Zod

Voice of Jor-El in Smallville = Terence Stamp

Therefore, Jor-El in Smallville = General Zod

Seems too obvious, no? wink.gif

Zod is not posing as Jor-el in the series. That would be just plain stupid. The only thing Zod has in common with Jor-el is the voice. That's it.

Jor-el is trying to show Clark (inspite of himself), he has a destiny on Earth. The writers have made Jor-el malevolent in the first few seasons but it seems by Clark not listening to what his father needs for him to do, he is only making things worse. I have a strong suspicion as time goes on, we will realize more and more Jor-el only has the best of intentions concerning Clark and has been up until now mis-understood.

Clark has on several occasions made situations worse by not listening to what needs to be done. Ignoring his instructions concerning the stones created a huge problem.....Jor-el was all along instructing Clark what to do to avoid this problem...he wasn't the cause of them. Jor-el also helped corral Clark by temporaly giving Jonathan the super powers he needed to subdue him. Another example of Jor-el not being "evil".

Zod is not posing as Jor-el in the series. That would be just plain stupid. The only thing Zod has in common with Jor-el is the voice. That's it.

Jor-el is trying to show Clark (inspite of himself), he has a destiny on Earth. The writers have made Jor-el malevolent in the first few seasons but it seems by Clark not listening to what his father needs for him to do, he is only making things worse. I have a strong suspicion as time goes on, we will realize more and more Jor-el only has the best of intentions concerning Clark and has been up until now mis-understood.

Clark has on several occasions made situations worse by not listening to what needs to be done. Ignoring his instructions concerning the stones created a huge problem.....Jor-el was all along instructing Clark what to do to avoid this problem...he wasn't the cause of them. Jor-el also helped corral Clark by temporaly giving Jonathan the super powers he needed to subdue him. Another example of Jor-el not being "evil".

There's a difference between instructing and being cruel. Jor-El act like a brat who takes his ball home when he doesn't get his way. Yes, Jonathan, I will help you get Kal-El back, but it will cost you dearly. Kal-El, show up before the sunrise or I will take your powers away. Kal-El, I will you give you your powers back, but it will cause the life of someone you love.

Jor-El may very well be "good", but he is putting on an evil, manipulative act. Something I would expect from Zod trying to get out of the phantom zone. There are just too many hoops he's making Clark jump through in order to reach his "destiny". It's like Star Trek V when Kirk asks "God", " Why does God need a starship to get off the planet?"

There's a difference between instructing and being cruel. Jor-El act like a brat who takes his ball home when he doesn't get his way. Yes, Jonathan, I will help you get Kal-El back, but it will cost you dearly. Kal-El, show up before the sunrise or I will take your powers away. Kal-El, I will you give you your powers back, but it will cause the life of someone you love.

Jor-El may very well be "good", but he is putting on an evil, manipulative act. Something I would expect from Zod trying to get out of the phantom zone. There are just too many hoops he's making Clark jump through in order to reach his "destiny". It's like Star Trek V when Kirk asks "God", " Why does God need a starship to get off the planet?"

That's an interesting take on what's been happening. Never thought he could be someone pretending to be Jor-el with his own agenda trying to get Clark to inadvertantly help him. Certainly Zod mysteriously not being there when the other 2 kryptonian criminals appeared in an episode about 3 weeks ago could support your point of view.

And to the forumite who thought Brainiac was Zod......I was fooled as well. I didn't realize he was Brainian until the last episode.

Jor-el certainly is a puzzle. One of the many mysteries which make this show so great.

And....happy to read so many people caught the opening episode.

Didn't Jor-el say that one of Clark's friends has to die? Who is it going to be? Lana? or Cloey?

I'm guessing it's Chloe which starts the domino effect of Clark and Lois becoming reporters. Since there is no Chloe character in Superman lore, the creative staff are going to have to write her out eventually. confused-smiley-013.gif

Didn't Jor-el say that one of Clark's friends has to die? Who is it going to be? Lana? or Cloey?

I'm guessing it's Chloe which starts the domino effect of Clark and Lois becoming reporters. Since there is no Chloe character in Superman lore, the creative staff are going to have to write her out eventually. confused-smiley-013.gif

Some people speculate the "life force" is Jor-El's. The theory is Clark will eventually come to love Jor-El and he is the only one that could re-power Clark.

Some are also speculating Lois is actually the one that dies and Chloe uses her name as a pen name for her columns like she did with her first gig at the Planet. I really don't buy that one, but Chloe acts more like Lois than Lois does.

Some people speculate the "life force" is Jor-El's. The theory is Clark will eventually come to love Jor-El and he is the only one that could re-power Clark.

Some are also speculating Lois is actually the one that dies and Chloe uses her name as a pen name for her columns like she did with her first gig at the Planet. I really don't buy that one, but Chloe acts more like Lois than Lois does.

Very true about Chloe acting more like Lois. But, Clark doesn't love Lois and it has to be someone he loves who dies.

Very true about Chloe acting more like Lois. But, Clark doesn't love Lois and it has to be someone he loves who dies.

I think they like each other in the brother/sister way right now. I don't think it's Lois either. Many people speculate Lois dies in the future, not related to the Jor-El pronouncement, as a way to explain the non-existence of Chloe. Chloe pays homage to her cousin by taking her name as a pen name and she "becomes" Lois Lane. I don't buy that either because they have been foreshadowing the Lois/Clark marriage when these two are together.