• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost in the mail
1 1

26 posts in this topic

My tale of woe doesn’t compare to that of @Wayne-Tecand his missing Action #1 page, but USPS seems to have lost a beautiful Batman #43 I bought. Priority tracking just stopped once it got to a regional hub in Jersey City almost a month ago, nothing since. I’m wondering what others’ experiences are with shipments that go sideways like this. Have you had it eventually show up once it fell off the radar for this long? So aggravating :mad:

I wonder if it was shipped in an envelope, and it slipped behind a shelf or something like that. Every now and then someone posts about getting their book after a time in limbo.

Did the seller say if it was in a box or other?

Edited by MR SigS

On 4/23/2022 at 3:32 PM, MR SigS said:

I wonder if it was shipped in an envelope, and it slipped behind a shelf or something like that. Every now and then someone posts about getting their book after a time in limbo.

Did the seller say if it was in a box or other?

He’s an experienced seller, said it was in a Gemini mailer. I’ve been wondering for some time now, given how the skyrocketing value of comic books in recent years is well known, whether more shipments labeled for CGC and/or just in Gemini mailers in general are getting stolen. 

I’m just looking for reasons to hope at this point!

Edited by Grottu

On 4/23/2022 at 12:46 PM, Grottu said:

He’s an experienced seller, said it was in a Gemini mailer. I’ve been wondering for some time now, given how the skyrocketing value of comic books in recent years is well known, whether more shipments labeled for CGC and/or just in Gemini mailers in general are getting stolen. 

I’m just looking for reasons to hope at this point!

A Gemini mailer is thin enough to slip behind something bigger. When that thing is moved and they're exposed, they go back in transit. That should bring some hope. :wishluck: I hope.

On 4/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, wombat said:

Is it covered by insurance and who is on the hook if it never shows up?

Seller. He’s already agreed to a full refund if it doesn’t resurface soon. No complaints about him, just the #%&! USPS.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:10 PM, Grottu said:
On 4/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, wombat said:

Is it covered by insurance and who is on the hook if it never shows up?

Seller. He’s already agreed to a full refund if it doesn’t resurface soon. No complaints about him, just the #%&! USPS.

Sucks all around. There have been plenty of stories of books showing up out of the blue a long time after they were considered lost for good. So there is always hope. 

On 4/23/2022 at 3:15 PM, Grottu said:

My tale of woe doesn’t compare to that of @Wayne-Tecand his missing Action #1 page, but USPS seems to have lost a beautiful Batman #43 I bought. Priority tracking just stopped once it got to a regional hub in Jersey City almost a month ago, nothing since. I’m wondering what others’ experiences are with shipments that go sideways like this. Have you had it eventually show up once it fell off the radar for this long? So aggravating :mad:

Did it go through this facility? 

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBU, 07097

I had one go dark there for 16 days this month before it popped back on the radar. This facility was a notorious black hole during the pandemic as well. Maybe more of the same.

I've had books disappear for a while in the mails - never one as long as yours seems to have.  My spouse did have a shipment go missing for at least as long as yours that eventually showed up.  The irony on that one is that it was checked in to USPS right across the river, probably 15 miles away, and just sat there, supposedly, for about 5 weeks.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:18 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I had one go dark there for 16 days this month before it popped back on the radar. This facility was a notorious black hole during the pandemic as well. Maybe more of the same.

True facts.  In 2020 I actually lived in Jersey City.  Frequently had stuff held up for days or weeks at that office.  Now I'm about a 30 minute drive away, and stuff still gets held up there for days.  I'll have something go from Los Angeles to NJ in like 3 days and then take 3-7 days making it that last 30 minutes to me.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:18 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Bingo, that’s the one.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:57 PM, Point Five said:

I'm pretty sure I've had a tango with that Jersey City place as well. I did get whatever it was eventually.  :wishluck:

+1 for me too, had a package stay at JC for about a month but finally did arrive

Don't panic.

Had a Joeypost package take months - stuck in some airport hellhole.

It arrived.

Generally, apart from the very rare exception, everything turns up.

They turn up late, but they turn up. :wishluck:

On 6/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, Grottu said:

After two months and no tracking update, I opened my mailbox today to find my missing Bat 43! Unfortunately, he can’t tell me where he’s been (and neither can USPS)…

22369095-33B7-4920-AF27-B4DA8ADEF3BF.jpeg

^^