• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE starring Paul Rudd (3/22/24)
2 2

81 posts in this topic

Man that is steep, but I tend to agree with the statement.

I know even a prescreen is about $30 for food for 2 people. IMAX tickets is about $45 for 2 people.

So $75, times two for equaling 4 people, and that is $150. Steep when you think about it, might be best to go after dinner sometime, idk, I just don't know.

It was… ok.  I am not really a fan of Patton or Kumail’s humor. The old cast is brought in simply to satisfy us older fans. Overall it just didn’t progress the storyline too much and some decisions made by Phoebe is not believable. 

I did enjoy 

Spoiler

The return of the library ghost. My kid had just asked me yesterday whatever happened to her and here she was again

It was interesting that 

Spoiler

Winston is now a rich investor? Did I miss how that happened? Was this to make up for the lack of respect his character was given in the original!

On 3/23/2024 at 5:47 PM, CAHokie said:

It was… ok.  I am not really a fan of Patton or Kumail’s humor. The old cast is brought in simply to satisfy us older fans. Overall it just didn’t progress the storyline too much and some decisions made by Phoebe is not believable. 

I did enjoy 

Reveal hidden contents

The return of the library ghost. My kid had just asked me yesterday whatever happened to her and here she was again

It was interesting that 

Reveal hidden contents

Winston is now a rich investor? Did I miss how that happened? Was this to make up for the lack of respect his character was given in the original!

Idk all the answers, but during the viewing when Phoebe made decisions, my company with me kept saying her name under his breathe in disbelief lol It was a relatively newer, to the franchise at least, character who was being developed and idk where they'll go with all that info either. It was acted out well however, I mean I've seen reviews that it didn't have the savory emotion of the last one, but I got a bit choked up that obviousness of seeing those choices developing. :shy: 
I'm trying not to be too descriptive. 

I enjoyed Paul Rudd especially in this iteration though, I thought he had some good lines. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/23/2024 at 9:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was acted out well however

Good point. I like both the actress and the character. I guess all teens make really bad decisions, even the geniuses! :nyah:

On 3/23/2024 at 8:05 PM, CAHokie said:

Good point. I like both the actress and the character. I guess all teens make really bad decisions, even the geniuses! :nyah:

She is a genius in a tv show called "young Sheldon" as well, and it was where we knew her from, she at least has experience, and I've said all this only remembering the "major" plot devices in the last movie. As far as lines or if it is cohesive to moving that character along, then I forget, other than most events I don't remember the specific lines or character building leading up to this one. I guess I "get" why, but I forgot with all the ghost "busting" that "any" ghost IS SUPPOSED TO BE BUSTED.

For some odd reason those choices of hers only reminded that "this" isn't a movie where "there are 'good and bad' ghosts." lol 

For some odd reason, I needed that reminder, and I have no idea why. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:47 PM, CAHokie said:

It was interesting that 

Reveal hidden contents

It was touched on a small bit during the main runtime of Ghostbusters: Afterlife, then at the mid-credit/end credit it was expounded on in more detail.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:59 PM, CAHokie said:

About to watch this now. 4 adult tickets, 1 child, 4 nachos and drinks…. $150…. $150 to watch Ghostbusters. This better be the best movie ever made. :facepalm:  

On 3/23/2024 at 2:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man that is steep, but I tend to agree with the statement.

I know even a prescreen is about $30 for food for 2 people. IMAX tickets is about $45 for 2 people.

So $75, times two for equaling 4 people, and that is $150. Steep when you think about it, might be best to go after dinner sometime, idk, I just don't know.

On 3/28/2024 at 2:34 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Matinee tickets here are $7.75. Where the hell do you guys live???

image.png.508560bcc2a50c170026f0a549624ef3.png

On 3/28/2024 at 2:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Oh, my bad. Didn't know you were talking exclusively about IMAX. Those are $16 here, last I knew.

Ikr, we still or "I" may have been a little extreme, but it was in correlation to what he estimated. 1st day viewing in primetime for Imax around here is only $18.75 and that is with tax, but still 2 medium drinks and a reg popcorn is about $22. He was speaking of 4 adults and a child, so double what it would cost me at = $59.

that is only $16 off $75 times 2 lol so it can feel like, "this better be the best movie ever!" regardless lol 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

...so it can feel like, "this better be the best movie ever!" regardless lol 

...which if you're talking about anything these days you've lost that bet before you entered the building. Lol.

We just got out of the theater and I liked it.  The old guys really looked old but it wasn’t too bad of a distraction.  The big bad guy was really creepy and there was some laugh out loud places.  Theater was packed so not sure if that is typical the day before Easter or on a Saturday night.

On 3/28/2024 at 3:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Oh, my bad. Didn't know you were talking exclusively about IMAX. Those are $16 here, last I knew.

I wasn’t talking about IMAX. :sorry:

On 3/28/2024 at 3:34 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Matinee tickets here are $7.75. Where the hell do you guys live???

On 3/28/2024 at 3:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ikr, we still or "I" may have been a little extreme, but it was in correlation to what he estimated. 1st day viewing in primetime for Imax around here is only $18.75 and that is with tax, but still 2 medium drinks and a reg popcorn is about $22. He was speaking of 4 adults and a child, so double what it would cost me at = $59.

that is only $16 off $75 times 2 lol so it can feel like, "this better be the best movie ever!" regardless lol 

This was the matinee price! :banana:

IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.555001fc5e418a40c0bf4bafda21c110.jpeg

On 3/31/2024 at 4:05 PM, CAHokie said:

This was the matinee price! :banana:

IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.555001fc5e418a40c0bf4bafda21c110.jpeg

Oh snap!

I thought maybe it was the price I quoted but the child was free.

On 3/31/2024 at 3:59 PM, CAHokie said:

I wasn’t talking about IMAX. :sorry:

Still, I agree it's expensive for a family outing that's for sure, or whatnot 😉

Usually I don't buy in to the food, usually just pick up a pizza for a few slices before and the rest after.

However, after going for a while, the smell gets to you, and it's hard to say no, just Lord willing I don't want to make it a habit! 😉

I thought it was fine.  The main issue might have been trying to serve too many masters, with the all legacy characters and the new characters.  They had to dumb it down just to make everything fit, I think.  In particular:

Spoiler

I have no idea what Bill Murray and Kumail Nanjiani were even doing in this movie except taking up valuable real estate.  The whole subplot about Nanjiani being a "Firelord" was dumb and pointless.  Murray just mugged his way through a few scenes without even being particularly funny.  They had to try and make everyone "relevant" in the big final fight, and it looked very contrived. 

I liked the frozen monster design and wish there had been more about it, and that there had been cleverer scheme to free it than the extremely far fetched scenario that actually occurred.  

On 4/2/2024 at 9:38 PM, Axelrod said:

I thought it was fine.  The main issue might have been trying to serve too many masters, with the all legacy characters and the new characters.  They had to dumb it down just to make everything fit, I think.  In particular:

Hide contents

I have no idea what Bill Murray and Kumail Nanjiani were even doing in this movie except taking up valuable real estate.  The whole subplot about Nanjiani being a "Firelord" was dumb and pointless.  Murray just mugged his way through a few scenes without even being particularly funny.  They had to try and make everyone "relevant" in the big final fight, and it looked very contrived. 

I liked the frozen monster design and wish there had been more about it, and that there had been cleverer scheme to free it than the extremely far fetched scenario that actually occurred.  

Yes, the spoiler portion is the part of the movie I didn't enjoy, but it was unfortunately a major part of it.  I was not a fan of Kumail or the subplot. It was just silly......   Still worth watching....at home.