• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE starring Paul Rudd (3/22/24)
2 2

81 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2023 at 3:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

I've had it with gender/race swapping. At this point, I don't even care if the movie is "good" or not. It's like watching a bunch of imposters take the place of people who earned their title or position. I hope all such movies fail so that studios are encouraged to stop doing it. If they want the type of "diverse" casts we now see everywhere, make original stories where it makes sense.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, paqart said:

I've had it with gender/race swapping. At this point, I don't even care if the movie is "good" or not. It's like watching a bunch of imposters take the place of people who earned their title or position. I hope all such movies fail so that studios are encouraged to stop doing it. If they want the type of "diverse" casts we now see everywhere, make original stories where it makes sense.

So again, please explain to me what they "should have done". 

This looks like a lot of fun.  The grandson of Egon and friends take on the legacy with the remaining three Ghostbusters acting in the mentor roles.

But, you are having an issue with it.   

This movie looks to be a lot of fun.  

On 11/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

I like it so far

Agreed.  This looks to be just simply fun and it great to see Murray and Ackroyd filling out the mentor roles they originated at almost FORTY years ago. 

On 11/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, paqart said:

I realize this post is over a month old, but, you seem confused.  This is not the all-female Ghostbusters re-boot which had nothing to do with the original movies.  This is a legacy sequel which returns the members of the original cast, along with a new, younger group.

No gender/race swapping present.  

On 12/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, Axelrod said:

I realize this post is over a month old, but, you seem confused.  This is not the all-female Ghostbusters re-boot which had nothing to do with the original movies.  This is a legacy sequel which returns the members of the original cast, along with a new, younger group.

No gender/race swapping present.  

In that case, never mind.