• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 1 Results
9 9

60 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 5:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

round 1 scores.jpg

can anyone enlarge this without it being blurry?

On 4/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, Just Visiting said:

try this, right click and save or just left click on it, opens up and left click 2 times. worked for me.

(worship)

On 4/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, flashlites said:

I am pleased with my first round - still think I got lucky! Here's to hoping my luck holds out! Just so glad you guys decided to invite the Flash to the party this time!:banana:

giphy.gif

Just don't end up like Hulk, stinkin' up the place!

On 4/30/2022 at 8:24 AM, CGC Mike said:

graph 1.jpg

Hi. It appears that my score was miss calculated. I was only off by one grading point on one book. And 1/2 grade on another book. Otherwise three bull’s-eyes. Therefore my score should be at three. Not a four.

Thanks 

• Administrator
On 4/30/2022 at 8:28 PM, Westy Steve said:

Hi. It appears that my score was miss calculated. I was only off by one grading point on one book. And 1/2 grade on another book. Otherwise three bull’s-eyes. Therefore my score should be at three. Not a four.

Thanks 

Hi:

I checked the grades in the PM.  They are what is posted above.  You were 1 grade off for 2 books, and 2 grades off for 1 book.  Your score is 4

Mike

On 4/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, Westy Steve said:

You're confusing yourself by using terms that Mike has never used.  Scoring is not based on grade points or half-grades.  It's based on grades (which all contestants should read as grade increments).  For example, the difference between 1.8 GD- and 2.0 GD is one grade increment.  The difference between 6.5 FN+ and 7.0 FN/VF is one grade increment.  The difference between 9.8 NM/MT and 9.9 MT is one grade increment.  Capiche?  :foryou:

On 4/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, zzutak said:

You're confusing yourself by using terms that Mike has never used.  Scoring is not based on grade points or half-grades.  It's based on grades (which all contestants should read as grade increments).  For example, the difference between 1.8 GD- and 2.0 GD is one grade increment.  The difference between 6.5 FN+ and 7.0 FN/VF is one grade increment.  The difference between 9.8 NM/MT and 9.9 MT is one grade increment.  Capiche?

Let me recheck 

Edited by Westy Steve

On 4/30/2022 at 8:49 PM, Westy Steve said:

Check my grade and tell me if my score is right. You’ll see it is incorrect regardless of how it is calculated. Doesn’t matter whether you calculate the increments and then multiplied by two or just double the points on the way up. The result is the same.

Your score is right based on the table in the results post. You have 4 points.Perhaps you have a different list of scores than what is presented in the table but Mike says they are correct according to the PM you sent. Double check there perhaps.

Edited by Bird

On 4/30/2022 at 8:53 PM, Bird said:

Your score is right based on the table in the results post. You have 4 points.Perhaps you have a different list of scores than what is presented in the table but Mike says they are correct according to the PM you sent. Double check there perhaps.

My bad. I made a last minute change that I did not record correctly. I was calling the Batman 6.5 until the moment of truth.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, Westy Steve said:

Thanks 

Your grades:
actual grades:
   book 3 2 points, book 4 1 point,  book 5 one point
4 points total

On 4/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, Westy Steve said:

My bad. I made a last minute change that I did not record correctly. I was calling the Batman 6.5 until the moment of truth.

:nyah:

On 4/30/2022 at 5:55 PM, Westy Steve said:

It happens.  I once told mike my strike should of fallen off but I was off by a month-
:sorry:

Some great grades in the 1st round!  I did great until that stupid SW 8.  Really tough book to see the defects and it presented like a 7.5 / 8.0 to me.  I'm in the pack so let's see how the next round goes.