• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 3
11 11

330 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, Galen130 said:

(worship)

Ouch!!!  My back!!! lol

Ouch!! My neck ànd my back

I want a 150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for $20 ! :banana:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ouch!! My neck ànd my back

I want a 150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for $20 ! :banana:

Yeah, like I have $20.  I bought a few pre-code bondage slabs the last few weeks.  I might get my vehicle repossessed now. lol

Today I copied the list of books for Round 3 into a working Word document, but my grades are still not in.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, Axe Elf said:

Today I copied the list of books for Round 3 into a working Word document, but my grades are still not in.

Why don't you just rub it in then? :roflmao:

Edited by flashlites

On 5/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, flashlites said:

Is anyone suffering from PTGSS right now? (Post Traumatic Grades Submitted Syndrome) Trying not to think about it...its too late to turn back now!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nope!!!  This ain't high school. lol

On 5/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, flashlites said:

Why do you just rub it in then? :roflmao:

I thought we were required to post updates so that everyone else knew when our grades were in.

Everyone else seems to be doing it...

On 5/5/2022 at 9:00 PM, Axe Elf said:

I thought we were required to post updates so that everyone else knew when our grades were in.

Everyone else seems to be doing it...

I just wish I could take some of mine back now. You still have a chance! You are the lucky one! Grade wisely my friend!

On 5/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, flashlites said:

I just wish I could take some of mine back now. You still have a chance! You are the lucky one! Grade wisely my friend!

Patience is a virtue, but some prefer her more attractive and sluttier cousin, Procrastination.

Methods of cope:

- Next time I'm gonna grade it what I think it is, and not try to guess what CGC would grade it.

- There's no way that book deserved that grade!

- There's no way that book was that bad, must've been a bad day for the grader.

- What the heck is going on with my computer (or phone), the graphics card must be wonky or something.

- Next time I'm waiting, if I sleep on it maybe will be better.

- Next time no waiting, just gonna go with my first impression, gut instinct is really the best way.

- It's not like when I die St Peter will hold it against me that I really sucked as a grader that time.

- That contest was probably rigged.

Others?

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 PM, grebal said:

Others?

- It's my first try after just becoming aware that comics had grades about three months ago.

- That, and CGC still has some learning to do.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, Axe Elf said:

Patience is a virue?

yes, it was a massive self-own while attempting to belittle a fan who commissioned him and then was one of 4 (I think) fans to send a nasty letter saying get these things done. So they got theirs before everyone else but Golden made nasty comments in the art. The risk you run when asking someone to draw for you. But Golden mis-spelled his diss, thus spawning the used-ever-since "patience is a virue" response

just in case you were serious

Sienkiewicz may or may not have drawn a male member hidden in the art he gave someone who may have, or maybe never did, peeve him off.

Edited by Bird

On 5/5/2022 at 9:19 PM, Bird said:

yes, it was a massive self-own while attempted to belittle a fan who commissioned him and then was one of 4 (I think) fans to send a nasty letter saying get these things done. So they got theirs before everyone else but Goldne made nasty comments in the art. The risk you run when asking someone to draw for you. But Golden mis-spelled his diss, thus spawning the used-ever-since "patience is a virue" response

Yeah, wow, had no idea there was backstory to that.  Worth the price of admission (see what I did there?)...

On 5/5/2022 at 9:19 PM, Bird said:
On 5/5/2022 at 9:07 PM, Axe Elf said:

Patience is a virue?

yes, it was a massive self-own while attempted to belittle a fan who commissioned him and then was one of 4 (I think) fans to send a nasty letter saying get these things done. So they got theirs before everyone else but Goldne made nasty comments in the art. The risk you run when asking someone to draw for you. But Golden mis-spelled his diss, thus spawning the used-ever-since "patience is a virue" response

this-guy-gets-it-nick-offerman.gif.0d0c16853e1c395c64ccadda3dcf20e8.gif

On 5/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, wow, had no idea there was backstory to that.  Worth the price of admission (see what I did there?)...

when Golden "re-appeared" on the convention scene we all lined up and gave our money to get him to draw. His style had changed strongly from back in the day though, I got two but moved them eventually as they were just weird more than wonderful

his rep was caught in the middle and couldn't please anyone when the art was not forthcoming but she did the best she could under the circumstances.

The guy who shared this, Gerry (Mr.) Turnbull is sweet as sugar and from what I can tell solid. The other 3 have not been seen publicly as far as I know but are said to have similar messages. I'd love to see them myself.

Edited by Bird

On 5/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

One of soooooooo many long running board jokes. 

Another forearm I post on has inside bored jokes like that, but it's even cooler when the comic site's bored jokes have their own comics!