• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Angry CGC Calls - Knock it Off!
2 2

110 posts in this topic

I have never had reason to be salty with CGC Customer Service; they have always been polite, professional, and gone above & beyond to answer my questions. Even those of the “never had that asked before” variety have gotten an immediate answer, or a prompt follow-up call. Very different, positive, experiences with CGC compared to what I’ve encountered from some other places I could mention. 😁

No reason to be salty with CGC. Save it for people who deserve it: your local HOA meeting, Comcast/Xfinity Customer Disservice, the local property tax office; or the unholiest of unholies, your (Enter Elected Official Here). 🤣

On 5/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, Cool Ghoul said:

She sounded totally and emotionally drained, and I humbly apologized to her for this treatment.  And as such, I'm issuing a reminder to many on these boards --- yes, this means YOU -- those who lack sufficient social skills to talk to women with respect.  Congrats for spreading the "comic book collector" stereotype to the masses.  My warning is "knock it off" when calling a female CGC rep.  If you can't be respectful -- and some of you can't -- than shut your mouth.  There is no valid reason, despite what you feel about your precious comic book collection, for you to treat a working woman with anger or disrespect.

*then

On 5/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, shadroch said:

Maybe she can work in the dropping boxes on their edge department

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

On 5/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, Cool Ghoul said:

I just got off the phone with a CGC rep who politely handled my question regarding CGC delays.  She exasperatedly told me how that this, Monday, was the beginning of a tumultuous work week and was the start of a very stressful time for her.  Apparently angry CGC comic submitters feel the incessant need to take their frustrations out on wearied CGC representatives.  Please understand that these representatives, working for marginal income with no regard for their extra work, have to suck it up and listen to negative diatribes from many CGC submitters.

She sounded totally and emotionally drained, and I humbly apologized to her for this treatment.  And as such, I'm issuing a reminder to many on these boards --- yes, this means YOU -- those who lack sufficient social skills to talk to women with respect.  Congrats for spreading the "comic book collector" stereotype to the masses.  My warning is "knock it off" when calling a female CGC rep.  If you can't be respectful -- and some of you can't -- than shut your mouth.  There is no valid reason, despite what you feel about your precious comic book collection, for you to treat a working woman with anger or disrespect.

Knock it off or give me your number so we can "resolve" issues in persons.  Otherwise, support the hard-workers that have helped our investment in comics be worth 10X fold we paid for.

I have never had a need to call CGC but I will stress that I'm fairly confident it isn't just CGC reps of either gender getting this treatment. I work in a pharmacy and the past year and a half, the treatment towards the younger girls who work the register has been disgusting- I've literally had to go interject myself several times and nearly got in a fist fight over large men slamming their fists and making genuine threats to these 5 foot 4 19 year old female college students. I find it amazing; these guys are all older than me or around my age as far as I can tell (I'm 43)-  this has happened about 17 times, which is 17 times too much. It's like that Alan Moore arc on Swamp Thing where there's this building undercurrent of tension- I feel there's a massive sense of entitlement and outrage when people have to wait for things and that, combined with indoctrinated sexism, is provoking so many people to literally yell and bang their fists and imply physicality. I've worked since the 90s' and never witnessed this until fairly recently- it's as if every day is like Black Friday at Walmart sometimes.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, Axe Elf said:

Not to defend excessive or personal disrespect, but surely nobody takes a job in customer service expecting to field calls all day from people who were overjoyed with the products and services they received, do they?  Seems like the de-escalation of angry customers would be a part of the job description, and some people just aren't cut out for that kind of stress.

There's a huge difference with a dissatisfied customer and someone who goes to 1 to 100 in literally seconds and threatens someone with potential violence. This is unfortunately what's been happening the past year in many fields.

On 5/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, wisbyron said:

There's a huge difference with a dissatisfied customer and someone who goes to 1 to 100 in literally seconds and threatens someone with potential violence. This is unfortunately what's been happening the past year in many fields.

When did "0 to 60" become "1 to 100"? :devil: