• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading and CCS Pressing total turn around times

9 posts in this topic

I submitted my first 25 book order nearly a year ago. I ordered CCS pressing on 18 of the 25 books. I already received the other 7 books back. The 18 I needed pressed are still sitting there in "received" status...and then it struck me...am I looking at the current 245 day turnaround time ONLY for the CCS portion of this? Then I will have to wait another 93 days turn around for the grading on top of that? I guess I thought waiting a full year for CCS and Grading was plenty long enough as it was...but now my heart sunk with the thought that I'm looking like I won't see these books until maybe 2023?

On 5/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, Mr. Gueermo said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

Pressing alone is about 11 months, yes (245 business days).

This is insane...the demand clearly exists for CGC to grow their company and reduce these turnaround times. It's very difficult to not see this as an artificial way to pump up the fast track / express sales by making the base grading services slower and slower.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, pacificdream said:

I'm still waiting on a Standard with a stated turnaround of 40 days. It's been over 150 working days! Should I be concerned?

No, standard turnaround times are meaningless at the moment. 

its been mentioned all over social media not to use CCS because of things like this.... Most if not all reputable pressers will send you r books to cgc after pressing if you enclose the cgc paperwork.....

Yup...I was not aware a year ago when I sent my first submission in. I have a friend who used a professional presser, no additional cost when compared to CCS...and his books are already graded and on the way back to him in a total of three months turn around. Now I also have to worry that CCS will do a lesser quality job on the books than his presser did and I will have to make the choice to crack them and use that presser after waiting a year and a half for this order. It's unreal...and at this point I've already surpassed the "turn around time" that was estimated when I sent this order in a year ago....so the bar keeps moving instead of being even remotely close to the time frame of when I sent my books in.

Edited by NumminzAK

Just wanted to chime in. I had books submitted to CCS back in October 2022, and similar to a post above, where I did not fast track, not understanding the 250,000 business day turnaround time... it looks as though I should receive my books back in 2028.

Can anyone comment on if this timeline has been expedited at all?