• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Cleaning & Pressing doing onsite Pressing at cons?
5 5

95 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 3:44 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I would have thought that video was a joke if it didn't actually appear to be at a real convention and if they weren't using comics with some actual dollar value.  I cannot imagine spending whatever that guy spent on that comic only to watch the "professional presser" manhandle it like that.  The way he cracked that slab is going to haunt my dreams.  I wonder how many color breaking spine ticks he's created with that method. :screwy:

The owner of the book seemed completely unphased by the mishandling.  I don’t think he has a clue either...

On 5/13/2022 at 5:10 PM, Catwomancomics said:

After seeing his pressing service and how he handles books, I can only imagine his cleaning service techniques. 

I was just wondering about the care involved in their cleaning service.

I’d like to see video of him removing that book from the inner well now....:insane:

On 5/13/2022 at 5:23 PM, KingOfRulers said:

:shiftyeyes:

280568842_524018799190559_4603550531448936437_n.gif.69db2267cc0bf3fa3d756dd51a2a2c96.gif

“First thing you want to do, is make sure you create enough defects to warrant the use of a pressing service in the first place.  Sometimes it’s easy enough to just shake the slab.  Other times, you gotta twist it a bit.”

On 5/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

“First thing you want to do, is make sure you create enough defects to warrant the use of a pressing service in the first place.  Sometimes it’s easy enough to just shake the slab.  Other times, you gotta twist it a bit.”

In all fairness, he did mention he is kinda the genius behind it.

34DEADA3-EBFF-4C87-8C5D-35FBEFB32128.gif.7ad846fe44eee488fe8ddd11b4597486.gif

On 5/14/2022 at 3:49 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s a gong show.  No market can survive the influx of this many idgits at once.  When it all goes sideways, the 90s crash is going to look like a picnic in comparison.

Not sure it will ALL go sideways,

I certainly would not want to be sitting on a pile of those stupidly expensive variant moderns - or one-off movie / TV characters .

Solid genuine key books should weather the worst comfortably.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, Beige said:

Not sure it will ALL go sideways,

I certainly would not want to be sitting on a pile of those stupidly expensive variant moderns - or one-off movie / TV characters .

Solid genuine key books should weather the worst comfortably.

Books with decent writing, art,  and continuity will survive

Hell, even cool drek like Spawn, Pitt and Gen 13 will survive 

As for the service itself - it's all in the title 'ON-SITE'

These guys will quick-press and then send you running for an on-site walkthrough before the effects of a terrible press job wear off in 48 hours