• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2022 at 2:14 PM, F For Fake said:

I like the MCS site just fine. Simple and utilitarian. I'm not going to sites like this on my phone, I don't care about "mobile optimization." Keep it clean and uncluttered on my desktop, and I'm a happy guy. My complaint is that the search can yield some...interesting results...but that bit of inaccuracy aside, I have zero problems with the MCS site.

If I don't know what I'm looking for, it's hard to just browse, or I haven't seen an easy way. Just a lot of content that I haven't figure how to generally narrow. I haven't spent much time either. Like to just look at ASM copper, and or, bronze. I'm sure there is a way, I'll look later, if I remember and am not broke lol

On 5/31/2022 at 4:09 PM, mycomicshop said:

Our scans have been zoomable and at least 1200px wide for years, probably dating to before we first accepted consignments and that was in 2010. The ones I just spot-checked are all 2400+ pixels wide.

There's a difference between our generic catalog issue images and our images of actual item front and back covers. Some of the generic catalog images are smaller, like 300px or 600px wide, depending on how long ago the image was set up. But all our images of actual buyable comics should be very large, and we also provide a lot more back cover images than some venues do.

And yeah, I don't mind criticism of our site not being mobile friendly. It's admittedly not. I think it's still highly functional for desktop users. Getting a mobile-friendly redesign is important, and we will get to it. What I want to avoid in pursuing a redesign is:
A) making the site slow to load (slow download or slow to render/first interaction)
B) ending up with a layout that works for mobile but is poorly designed for desktops, with layouts that are primarily vertical stacks of centered rectangular content blobs with lots of unused empty space on the sides. I've seen that pattern more than once with mobile redesigns.

Conan, my apologies. My use of auctions is fairly limited. I should have been more careful before I spoke, :blush:

On 6/1/2022 at 3:14 PM, F For Fake said:

I like the MCS site just fine. Simple and utilitarian. I'm not going to sites like this on my phone, I don't care about "mobile optimization." Keep it clean and uncluttered on my desktop, and I'm a happy guy. My complaint is that the search can yield some...interesting results...but that bit of inaccuracy aside, I have zero problems with the MCS site.

As someone who rarely uses my mobile phone for surfing the internet, I tend to agree. 

I understand it's the way of the world but I find websites maximized for cell phone use irritating to use. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:14 PM, F For Fake said:

It works quite differently from most other sites, particularly around want list management, but I like it and it does exactly what I need it to.  I don't visit the site on my phone either -- in general, I think the phone browser is a much worse experience overall than the browser on my laptop, regardless of how much effort has been put into an optimized mobile experience.

Three weeks from order to delivery seems a bit long , for MCS. 

My last order was on May 23rd, shipped on the 25th and I recieved it on Saturday. 

Edited by shadroch

On 6/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, shadroch said:

Three weeks from order to delivery seems a bit long , for MCS. 

My last order was on May 23rd, shipped on the 25th and I recieved it on Saturday. 

Could be wrong but I think that was referring to a grading submission elsewhere, not describing a purchase with us.

On 5/31/2022 at 4:09 PM, mycomicshop said:

And yeah, I don't mind criticism of our site not being mobile friendly. It's admittedly not. I think it's still highly functional for desktop users.

And I also wanted to note that over the years, I have occasionally run across a bug on the site, and Conan has always very promptly responded and fixed those errors.

Or informed me it wasn't really a bug and to shut my trap. lol

On 6/1/2022 at 8:22 PM, Kramerica said:

My most recent consignments show as completed:

image.png.be1a299abb32578f299eef25cb38b946.png

But they aren't ready to be set just yet:

image.png.cf484be5099398b467040b6b38791743.png

Maybe tomorrow they'll be ready to go!

I have ten consignments that have been in setup since May 11th. 

I also have a recent mail submission that was delivered on May 27th but is still showing as Not Yet Received.  Looks like things have slowed down a bit on the intake and processing side of things.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:56 AM, Ryan. said:

I have ten consignments that have been in setup since May 11th. 

I also have a recent mail submission that was delivered on May 27th but is still showing as Not Yet Received.  Looks like things have slowed down a bit on the intake and processing side of things.

That's weird; I had 2 delivered to them yesterday morning and listed as received just a few hours later (shrug)

receivedcomics.png

On 6/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, jaxcomics said:

That's weird; I had 2 delivered to them yesterday morning and listed as received just a few hours later (shrug)

receivedcomics.png

That's usually the case. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, Ryan. said:

That's usually the case. 

Yeah, I've never had to wait long for it to be listed as received, at least not in a couple of years. Hopefully yours just got stuck in a pile or something.