• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, Sauce Dog said:

No, it isn't functional - or at least not by any good modern definition of the word. The site is 100% not mobile friendly, which means it is not a functional experience and I cannot even fathom the amount of lost traffic and conversions because of the poor user experience. You might like it because you are used to it and it works on your setup, but that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being acceptable or even usable for the majority of web users.

Observe the irony.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:47 AM, Royal Blue said:

Is there some kind of personal grudge behind this?

What grudge? I like their company and buy from them often, but it objectively fails in so many regards when it comes to web accessibility. This isn't something unique to them, but to say there isn't a reason they need to update their site just because some users are fine with it hand waves away the fact they are literally offering a poor experience to over 50% of all internet users - imagine the amount of lost sales from that just because somebody had a poor experience using the site. 

It's an easy fix and requires little to no backend changes to their current system (where the BIG money spend would take place for such changes); all it takes is acknowledgment of the problem and then some small investment of time and money. 

The main reason I've not shopped with MCS is because their scans are so small. 

I can't imagine how many customers have this concern and potential don't buy vintage books because they can't see them in large resolution. 

On 5/31/2022 at 1:59 PM, Royal Blue said:

So you're saying you've completely missed the "Zoom" link?

I did. 

The last time I was on there was years ago and didn't realize that feature had been added.

I missed it. My apologies. (worship)

Edited by VintageComics

On 5/31/2022 at 2:03 PM, Royal Blue said:

They've always had that feature :makepoint:

Are you sure? I seem to remember their scans only being a certain size and even contacting MCS about it. 

On 5/31/2022 at 4:09 PM, mycomicshop said:

ending up with a layout that works for mobile but is poorly designed for desktops, with layouts that are primarily vertical stacks of centered rectangular content blobs with lots of unused empty space on the sides. I've seen that pattern more than once with mobile redesigns.

Yeah, this.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:57 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

So falls the house of CBCS. He's one of the only reasons that I considered them competition to CGC. With the way their customer service is, this move is likely the nail in the coffin.

Could be wrong, but that's my perception right now.

I recently got my first order from them. 
Delivered in 3 weeks door to door.
Packing is better thru CGC though
Grading seemed fair overall you win some you lose some. 

I like the MCS site just fine. Simple and utilitarian. I'm not going to sites like this on my phone, I don't care about "mobile optimization." Keep it clean and uncluttered on my desktop, and I'm a happy guy. My complaint is that the search can yield some...interesting results...but that bit of inaccuracy aside, I have zero problems with the MCS site.