• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About CCS Restoration Removal
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I sent in two books (Showcase #13 and Tales to Astonish #35) for restoration removal recently, --

Here is the order summary:
Express - $220
Screening - $38
Handling - $5
USPS - $44
Total - $307

Around mid-week, I saw that my credit card was charged for $258 from CCS. Currently, my books are in "CCS in process."

What would be the best way to interpret this? The difference in price is $49. Currently, I have no grading credits. I have tried to figure out what accounts for the difference. Currently, my best guess is that one of the two books will have the restoration removed, and the other book will not have the restoration removed.

This is my understanding, but I have no confidence in my ability to remember things. If a book is screened and the restoration can be removed, then the screening cost is decreased to only $5 (-- $14). If the book is screened and the restoration cannot be removed, your screening amount stays the same, but the book is then not graded (-- $110). I fully admit that I could be way off on my assumptions.

Is there anyone willing to hazard a guess as to the decrease of $49 from the original order summary? I would really appreciate your input.

Edited by Math Teacher

You could call or email to find out.

This is one of my biggest complaints with CGC.  There is no billing statement sent with the order, like EVERY other company in the WORLD does.  Everything is itemized up front at the time you type in the submission, packing slip only enclosed with delivery. 

If there are changes for any reason (shipping charges different, press screening yes or no, comic could not be graded due to whatever, etc.) it's behind the curtain.  You're left trying to figure out the puzzle (as above).  It's Business 101.  Why can't they just do it right?

On 5/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, Sauce Dog said:

My first guess is they are charging you for their services rendered, and the shipping itself has not yet been charged (not until it actually is done and gets packed up)

I certainly hope you are correct. :wishluck:

On 5/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, Lightning55 said:

You could call or email to find out.

This is one of my biggest complaints with CGC.  There is no billing statement sent with the order, like EVERY other company in the WORLD does.  Everything is itemized up front at the time you type in the submission, packing slip only enclosed with delivery. 

If there are changes for any reason (shipping charges different, press screening yes or no, comic could not be graded due to whatever, etc.) it's behind the curtain.  You're left trying to figure out the puzzle (as above).  It's Business 101.  Why can't they just do it right?

THANK YOU.

This, this, this.  

Every company where you can have an online account itemizes all debits & credits made to that account.  With CGC, it's all a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If CGC did things the way everybody else did, there wouldn't be 10,000 forum topics on "where's my $150 credit?  How do I use it?"