• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this book possibly worth
2 2

21 posts in this topic

I don't like speculation, but I don't have much information on this particular book, other than the obvious 

The first prints both regular and "silver claws" can be gotten for fairly cheap

I was under the impression this book is much more sought after, but looking on eBay, prices are all over the place 

Thanks for your time

20220524_115655.jpg

20220524_115708.jpg

On 5/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, Beastfeast said:

I always thought it was.  

When did they start noting that on the barcode?  @valiantman?

CGC does not indicate that any of the Wolverine #145 editions is a second printing (unless they've made a change very recently).

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Wolverine:/desc/no/issue/145/label/all/orderby/year/variants/yes/

On 5/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, valiantman said:

CGC does not indicate that any of the Wolverine #145 editions is a second printing (unless they've made a change very recently).

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Wolverine:/desc/no/issue/145/label/all/orderby/year/variants/yes/

Maybe because it's the first printing of this version, with the gold claws (even though 2nd printing of the comic).  But that would probably be inconsistent with other comics that are different in their 2nd printing, like a color change on the cover to make it distinctively different.  I'm pretty sure they note those as 2nd printings.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:22 PM, littledoom said:

Gold foil variant

Does anyone know if it says "Second Printing" in the indicia?  If not, it would be hard to say it's a second printing just because it has a different cover.  Unless maybe it came out at a later date than all the other original versions.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, Lightning55 said:

Does anyone know if it says "Second Printing" in the indicia?  If not, it would be hard to say it's a second printing just because it has a different cover.  Unless maybe it came out at a later date than all the other original versions.

I don't believe so. There's 4 versions. Non foil, silver foil, gold foil, white error "bone" versions. I've got 3 but not the error.

On 5/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, Lightning55 said:

Have to conclude that they are all first prints, if they were all published at the same time and there is no verbiage that defines a second print.

Except MCS 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, Lightning55 said:

Have to conclude that they are all first prints, if they were all published at the same time and there is no verbiage that defines a second print.

Yes they're all first printings. the idea of later printings doesn't apply to this book like Hulk 377

The gold foil edition is not marked as a second printing anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't and someone didn't just mess up. The second part of the bar code is no help either, not indicating either variant or reprint (though the non-foil edition is marked as a variant in this manner).

MCS isn't infallible, but would they mark something as a second printing rather than a variant for no reason? Also, I've heard that this was a second printing for a long time. (shrug)