• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metal Pokémon card update?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Will we be receiving an update on the status of metal Pokémon card grading? The recent news said we’d have an estimated timeline set at end of May. End of May is approaching and I want to know if we should be expecting our cards soon or next year

thank you 

• Administrator

Hello

CGC Trading Cards is continuing to conduct extensive research and testing into solutions to safely encapsulated the metal Pokémon Gold cards.

All submissions with metal Pokémon Gold cards will be expedited as soon as this solution is in place.

If customers do not wish to wait, they can contact Customer Service to have their submission returned. Any metal cards will not be encapsulated and the grading fees will be fully refunded.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate everyone’s patience while we work on the best long-term encapsulation solution for these metal cards.

Mike

• Administrator
On 10/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Mittens said:

soooo end of may been and gone, whats the time line looking like now

Hello,

Unfortunately the completion of this was delayed. We feel to be nearing the end of this problem however. Unfortunately we do not have a publicly posted date for this resolution at this time. We are sorry for the delays this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Can I get an update, please?

On 10/24/2022 at 7:54 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Unfortunately the completion of this was delayed. We feel to be nearing the end of this problem however. Unfortunately we do not have a publicly posted date for this resolution at this time. We are sorry for the delays this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

• Administrator

Hi@samelder, thank you for contacting CGC Trading Cards. Unfortunately, we still do not have a timeline of when the metal card slabs will be completed. Typically speaking, customer service hears news usually a day ahead of time or at the same time as our customers, so it's likely that once we make the announcement that we have those slabs in, we'll all be aware at the same time. Since I don't think anyone's mentioned it quite yet, I'd recommend signing up for our TCG Newsletter, as we'll make a big announcement of it once we have those slabs available once again. Thank you again for your patience!