• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alf #48 Lionsgate reprint?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about this? I started seeing things here and there about it over the last year, and can’t find any info on it. The big difference is there is a Lionsgate Films logo in place of Marvel Comics in the upper left box.

Im assuming if it’s real it’s a freebie or giveaway with one of the DVD sets. I’ve been casually inquiring knowing minds about this (on the home video media collectible front) but I’ve had no real leads.

10F1938D-9E3E-4E22-9D90-04A6177C1E65.jpeg

EB92115D-EE46-434E-90DF-1A3A91FF0671.png

Edited by BishopT

On 5/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, Beastfeast said:

I'm not going to be any help with that particular book but the regular print is one my white whales.  NEVER found it in the wild and it really bothers me for some reason.  

I was able to acquire a VF- ish newsstand from my main LCS around 5 years ago for a great deal. Never since or before found one just in budget or dollar bins. They’ve all been wall books that I’ve seen.

image.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, Beastfeast said:

I'm not going to be any help with that particular book but the regular print is one my white whales.  NEVER found it in the wild and it really bothers me for some reason.  

Same. I've seen it on the wall at a few shows, but I am bound and determined to find this one in a dollar bin one day. It's gotta be out there.

I know nothing of that Lionsgate variant, thought it looks to be a promo from buying a DVD?  Maybe given out in stores while supplies lasted if you bought a specific DVD collection I would assume.  I have also never found the regular Marvel edition in the bins that I remember.  Maybe I did come across it 20 years ago and went right past it without even a secon glance?  On that note though, Cerebus just released a homage cover to that book.  Looks pretty underordered except for one seller on Ebay in Canada with more than 10 available.  I pre-ordered a handful myself and am awaiting hopefully nice copies.  You may want to snag a couple of these:

CIH Presents Alien Life 1

STL223324.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

On 6/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, deadleg said:

Purchased at a convention today. I over payed, but there is no GPA data, so who really knows. (shrug)

The convention itself today was great. Really good turn out. Makes me wish my phone camera wasn't so messed up. Would have taken a lot of pictures for you guys and done a con report in CG. 

20220605_151714.jpg

I know the regular printing in 9.8 sells for about $500 or a little over, and then tax on too. That was my understanding anyway.

I'm curious the price, but you don't have to say? My con is next week too and Id be on the lookout for this too. Not in 9.8 but not raw either 😂

I'm glad you stepped up to obtain. Cause you're right not that many sales period, and I haven't noticed between lionsgate and marvel :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I hadn't checked in a while or since last year, looks as though 9.6 goes for nearly$400 now so I'm sure you can do your math, I think it's cool! 

It would be gutsy for me, but COOL!

On 6/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hadn't checked in a while or since last year, looks as though 9.6 goes for nearly$400 now so I'm sure you can do your math, I think it's cool! 

It would be gutsy for me, but COOL!

I was thinking I could get a regular printing 9.8, or I could own the lone copy on the census for the lions gate reprint. Lone copy for now at least.

Screenshot_20220605-153324_Chrome.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, deadleg said:

I was thinking I could get a regular printing 9.8, or I could own the lone copy on the census for the lions gate reprint. Lone copy for now at least.

Screenshot_20220605-153324_Chrome.jpg

ah so IT IS the second printing...

I hesitated to mention, as I still think it is cool. With further up in the thread someone saying it came with a toy or some other merch, I thought it might be a "2nd print."

Bless you for showing and looking it up, that affects my decision on what is available next week. Thanks. Not bad at a lone gun in 9.8, worth it :) 

On 6/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I see it on the label now, I was on my phone earlier, just assumed :) 

Well if it is the lone 9.8 2nd print, I hope there is a 1st print, if I go that route lol 

I think the first print would just be the original print. I just think cgc chose to label the Lionsgate reprint as a second printing for whatever reason. 

Edited by deadleg

On 6/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, gradejunky said:

I know nothing of that Lionsgate variant, thought it looks to be a promo from buying a DVD?  Maybe given out in stores while supplies lasted if you bought a specific DVD collection I would assume.  I have also never found the regular Marvel edition in the bins that I remember.  Maybe I did come across it 20 years ago and went right past it without even a secon glance?  On that note though, Cerebus just released a homage cover to that book.  Looks pretty underordered except for one seller on Ebay in Canada with more than 10 available.  I pre-ordered a handful myself and am awaiting hopefully nice copies.  You may want to snag a couple of these:

CIH Presents Alien Life 1

STL223324.jpg

OMG that's classic lol 

Well, there has been some interesting information to come through this thread. Thanks to all who have contributed, thus far. At least this helps to confirm the authenticity of this book.

On that note, I was able to get a copy for myself. It’s printed on thicker stock paper, has ads for other Lionsgate releases on the back and the indicia does indeed refer to it as “2nd print”. I’m very excited to have it, and I think I’ll be sitting on it for a while.

Now, my question is how many of these are out there? And still, how were they actually distributed? Store giveaway? Mail in? With this having come out in 2017 I’m surprised people weren’t aware of this, something tells me this may be a relatively uncirculated release.

Anyway, I’ll update with detailed pics of my book later in the day.

Edited by BishopT

On 6/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

That 9.8 slab says dvd exclusive.  Must have been packaged in a collectors set, but I have not been able to find it anywhere online.

Thing is about that, I’ve seen no package for an Alf DVD set that could possibly house a full sized comic book.

The Alf "Complete Collection" DVD set from Lionsgate in 2019 was just a repackaging of the original separate season sets they'd released in 2005/2006, with a flimsy cardboard sleeve wrapped around them. So there was definitely no room for a comic in there. I've been looking at the Bluray and DVDtalk forums that I frequent, but haven't found any information on how this was offered. Very odd. Will keep digging.