• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

A couple things...first, someone (wish I could remember who) on the boards here once wrote that "the first 100 issues of the Fantastic Four are the stuff dreams are made of", and as I flip through these checking page counts/interiors, that person is CORRECT. Second, early 60s Marvel house ads are AWESOME. 

Fantastic Four #31, 1964. Much better copy here. Still complete and attached, but with better appeal. Spine/edge/surface wear still there, but less. Good colors, and no pieces missing. I have it at 4.0, but admittedly would say this leans more down than up if I am off. 

$40

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #34, 1965. ROUGH book. Ancient moisture exposure with color loss and rusty staples, CF detached, black ink on cover near "Fa" in Fantastic that bleeds through. Can't be better than 1.5, and may be 1.0. 

$15 or FREE with $100 or more of other Fantastic Four purchases...must claim.  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #35, 1965. My spreadsheet has this one at 3.0, and that is fair from the front. Some edge wear, and a stain along the spine, but nothing too major. The back, however, is very stained. Staining impacts the whole book to varying degrees, and bottom staple rusty. Probably only 2.0 upon further review. Still complete and attached with pages that are surprisingly supple.

$20  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #37, 1965. Much better with deep colors and good gloss. Spine wear, vertical book length reading or sub crease, a small amount of edge wear. Someone was thoughtful enough to insert archival paper at some point (wasn't me), and it shows...paper is very nice, but some tanning to interior edges. 4.5 in my book.

$45  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #41, 1965. Another solid copy. Good gloss and color, with some corner creasing, edge wear, spine wear, name in the margin of the splash. Nothing major, but an accumulation. Sharp pages. I have it at 4.5 again. Frightful Four appearance.

$40  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #42, 1965. Similar grade here, but maybe half a step lower. 15c in marker on cover, spine and edge wear, some dust shadow/tanning to back cover, spine split at bottom of ~1.5", complete and attached. I have it at 3.0.

$23

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #43, 1965. This is the nicest FF listed so far. I wanted to say 6.0, but probably need to stick to 5.5 with spine wear being the biggest issue. Also see some edge wear at the top, and arrival date in pencil on back, but sharp with nice pages. 

$45  **SOLD to @crassus**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 6/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, elibowman said:

Fantastic Four #29, 1964. This one is also low grade, but complete/attached. Tape on the interior of the cover trying to (I think) seal a small spine split at the top of maybe 0.25". Also tape on interior back cover near the staple that I cannot figure out what it is/was doing. Spine wear, edge wear, well loved copy. 1st Watcher cover (for whatever that is worth). I have it at 2.0.

$40

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

wrong scan/book :gossip:

I am going to try some randoms for the next 30 mins.

Iron Man #150, 1981. JRJ Doom cover. Sharp book that can be upgraded with a press. A couple spine stresses that do slightly break color, a small bit of surface wear. I think it's an 8.5, with potential to get to 9.0 or 9.2 if I am guessing.

$55

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman