• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Batman #246, 1972. Adams cover. This one looks pretty solid from the front. A little bit of spine wear, minor surface wear, and a corner chip. However, on the back we have a pretty strong corner crease, and an edge tear at the top of at least 1". 6.0 from the front, but that tear drops it. Let's go 4.5.

$12  **NOW $10**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #249, 1973, This one has no sub-crease and a better spine, but a pretty significant wrinkle mid-cover (mostly to Batman's right) that covers several inches holds this one back to the same area. 5.5 on this one.

$8  **NOW $6**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #253, 1973. Very sharp book with great color and gloss. Small amount of spine and edge wear. A non-color breaking indention near the comics code logo. I think it's an 8.0 due to the indention, otherwise higher. 

$35  **NOW $28**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #254, 1974. Nice copy of the squarebound book. Corner crease bottom right front, you can see where the staples have impressed on the covers over time, the spine doesn't have a ton of wear from reading, but has some of the typical look of a squarebound (they rarely look close to what i think they were intended to look like). There is a (mostly) horizontal production crease across the back cover. I think it's at least 6.5, and probably better. 

$20  **NOW $17**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #255, 1974. Again, this is a nice book, with minimal general wear. The issues are with the stupid squarebound spine, including a tiny split (maybe 0.25") at the bottom. Not as nice as the 254...let's go 5.0/5.5.

$20  **NOW $17**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #256, 1974. This one is rougher. Plenty of spine wear including a couple small chips. Light creasing, color wear, back is nicer on this one but there is a small edge tear on the back bottom. 3.5 is my grade.

$9  **NOW $7**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Batman #257, 1974. This is a sharp book, but it's held back by a chip at the bottom back spine. I think it probably can't be better than 5.0 with this...maybe 4.5. The rest is nicer than the technical grade.

$11  **NOW $9**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I don't have a ton of time (taking my kids to Monster Jam tonight!), but I want to get started on a run of Silver FF books. I have most of the run from 25 - 100, and have decided to part with most. I am keeping a stack of the best books (25-28, 48-50, others), but there will still be a ton of FF listed. After I get these all up (probably not before Wednesday of this week), I will evaluate where I am on this stack of books. At any time a buyer is welcome to request an invoice, and tab out. Also, happy to hear offers (especially on multiple books).

Fantastic Four #22, 1964. This one is kind of a mess, but still oddly solid for a low grade book. Creasing, staining, edge wear, minor tears, spine roll just to get us started. No cover pieces missing to speak of, however, a strip on the right edge of the splash page is gone (affects art). Cover and CF attached. 1.8 to me.

$50  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #29, 1964. This one is also low grade, but complete/attached. Tape on the interior of the cover trying to (I think) seal a small spine split at the top of maybe 0.25". Also tape on interior back cover near the staple that I cannot figure out what it is/was doing. Spine wear, edge wear, well loved copy. 1st Watcher cover (for whatever that is worth). I have it at 2.0.

$40  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman