• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather keep…
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2022 at 11:02 PM, oakman29 said:

Then of course I would have to keep the Hulk 181 if you have a second copy of F.F. 5

I know for a lot of people the choice seems obvious.  Let the 2.0 FF 5 go and keep the Hulk 181.  I’ve never really been one to keep multiple copies of books, but being that Doom is my favorite villain, I’m finding the choice difficult.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, KCOComics said:

Ok, I've got the perfect solution... Sell both FF 5s and upgrade to a FF5 in 5.0ish!!! 

With the way prices have moved on both these books in recent years, replacing either book wouldn't be easy (Cost prohibitive anyway). So if you sell your 181, are you ok with never having another?  

That's always the question I ask myself before parting with big books to buy other big books. I've been thinking about moving some bronze keys (including my 181) to buy a bigger GA book. But I'm still not past the fact that I'll likely never replace those BA books. 

That seems like the perfect solution.

I'd keep the hulk 181. A lot of speculation around FF 5 and probably still has some room but bad guys never last in the MCU. Hulk 181 is always a hot book rather it has speculation around it or not. Even if Disney/marvel decides to destroy the wolverine and make him a woman that identifies as a pineapple I believe the book will maintain its value. 

On 6/5/2022 at 11:37 PM, KCOComics said:

Ok, I've got the perfect solution... Sell both FF 5s and upgrade to a FF5 in 5.0ish

Hmm.  I honestly hadn’t really considered this before.  Interesting idea.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:18 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I’ve never really been one to keep multiple copies of books, but being that Doom is my favorite villain, I’m finding the choice difficult.

This right here!... ditch the 181 as I know you're a die-hard Doom fan!  Then go and get yet another FF5 in a spectacular deal that I know only you can find! (thumbsu

James

On 6/6/2022 at 7:06 AM, Qtr milerocket said:

This right here!... ditch the 181 as I know you're a die-hard Doom fan!  Then go and get yet another FF5 in a spectacular deal that I know only you can find! (thumbsu

James

Haha.  I suppose that could be an option as well.  

I sold my FF 5. I wish I hadn't. 

I have a Hulk 181, and I love it, but between the two, I wish I still had the FF5 more than I'm glad I have the 181, if that makes sense?

If you had to choose, I'd sell the 181. But since you have an undercopy, I'd say hang onto both the Hulk 181 and FF5 for dear life, and let the undercopy go. 

On 6/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, F For Fake said:

I sold my FF 5. I wish I hadn't. 

I have a Hulk 181, and I love it, but between the two, I wish I still had the FF5 more than I'm glad I have the 181, if that makes sense?

If you had to choose, I'd sell the 181. But since you have an undercopy, I'd say hang onto both the Hulk 181 and FF5 for dear life, and let the undercopy go. 

I have a lot of sentimental value tied up in the 3.5.  I bought it raw roughly 12 years ago.  Over the years, some books have come and gone, but that copy has been with me the entire time.  That makes it special to me.

Edited by DocHoppus182
Spelling

On 6/6/2022 at 7:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sight-unseen, I keep the FF5, because Doom is forever.

Having seen the comics, though, the IH181 is the looker of the 2. It would give me more pleasure.

I don’t foresee a situation where I would ever upgrade my 181.  I like how it presents.  So, if I let that go, I’m not sure I’d get a copy back that was as nice.  I’d probably shoot for the 4.0 range.  Hmm.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:51 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

I don’t foresee a situation where I would ever upgrade my 181.  I like how it presents.  So, if I let that go, I’m not sure I’d get a copy back that was as nice.  I’d probably shoot for the 4.0 range.  Hmm.

This!

You have now answered your own question.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:48 PM, alexgross.com said:

just like morbius? 

i agree that h181 is super easy to find. but no one here is entertaining the possibility that the 3rd iteration of ff is yet again underwhelming, in which case ff5 might not have such a bright future after all. not to mention that current pricing already reflects a good deal of speculation. whereas wolvie is proven as one of the most popular superheroes in the last almost 50 years.

i think 181 is the book that you want ten copies of. ff5 is the one to have one or two copies. 

I don't think Feige will screw up the FF & Doom, but anything is possible these days.

Regardless, FF 5 is much harder to come by than IH 181. 

On 6/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

The

I don’t need to sell either right now, which is nice of course.  I’m just kind of mulling it over since there’s a few shows near me this summer and it would be nice to have a few extra shekels.  

Full disclosure, I have a FF 5 3.5W as well.

Sell ff5 2.0 and keep the higher graded ff5 copy.:cheers:

Edited by Namtak