• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye Black Panther...

18 posts in this topic

Diamond's solicitations for July books are up, and both Black Panther #64 and Thunderbolts #81 are indicated to be the last issues of the titles... frown.gif

Still hoping they'll put Priest on Iron Man...I might start to buy the title again

I'd swear but it'd just get $(*)#&% out. I really can't stand the way Marvel treats some of their characters. If they'd just put a decent writer back on Black Panther and Thunderbolts this never would've happened. Instead they use it to find new artists and then drag them away from the books and leave someone else there who shouldn't be..

Black Panther could be a really great book, but Marvel just doesn't seem to care.

Brian

You're right. Thunderbolts was a great book before, with classic characters, and Black Panther is another character whose potential always seems to be waisted. The funny thing is, Marvel is going ape-S#$T releasing all these Ultimate books, re-inventing their old characters, yet they seem to be ignoring the originals that have been around for years. This is why I don't read much of the new stuff, even though I have a hand in selling hundreds of copies of each book monthly. Sad.

Black Panther IS a GREAT BOOK. The new black and white isn't as good as teh political enemy of the state stuff when Black Panther was Black Panther - but it is still better than just about everything else Marvel puts out. I don't think Priest even wanted to change to the New black panther/Kasper Cole, but I think he was "pursueded" - that pisses me off that a writer of Priest's stature has to STILL worry about getting leaned on because management is gripping about his title, but then turning around and printing rubbish like Spiderman and Black Cat, and Spiderman/Daredevil, and Marville.....

Jemas MUST be related to Gearge Bush, hes just too stupid not to be.

Straight from Priest himself:

"PANTHER is not cancelled. Repeat after me: PANTHER is not cancelled. PANTHER is becoming THE CREW. We're still in business, kiddies. It's just a new direction and a new take on things. Both series overlap in June, I think, with the ASCENSION storyline resolving into the first CREW arc."

So it is just evolving into The Crew. Better than a complete cancellation, but still somewhat disappointing.

Straight from Priest himself:

"PANTHER is not cancelled. Repeat after me: PANTHER is not cancelled. PANTHER is becoming THE CREW. We're still in business, kiddies. It's just a new direction and a new take on things. Both series overlap in June, I think, with the ASCENSION storyline resolving into the first CREW arc."

So it is just evolving into The Crew. Better than a complete cancellation, but still somewhat disappointing.

Yeah yea its Evolving....

then again so did thunderbolts.!!!

Can't quite figure out Marvels strategy at the moment. With one hand they are cancelling core character books without giving them a fare shake creativly, and with the other they are publishing new titles with little chance of long term success. confused.gif

Black Panther is another character whose potential always seems to be waisted.

So on point, AK. I think they were finally getting close with Priest's take on the character (I don't collect the new series, but I did read the first copuple arcs). Panther could really be a great character if put in the right situation.

Chris