• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The FIVE MOST SIGNIFICANT EVENTS OF THE CGC FORUM EVER!!!!

62 posts in this topic

(Well, not "ever", but in the last seven or eight months that I've been gone, perhaps?)

shy.gif My name is green now.

Welcome back Olathe boy! thumbsup2.gif

What the hamburger hell?? Why?? What?? When?? Where?? How?? (Did that cover all the bases?)

You forgot "Who?"

Welcome back, Logan. Is is good to see you here again! thumbsup2.gif

I'll play.

Not necessarily in the correct order....

1) Jason Ewert found to have trimmed hundreds of books and gotten them past CGC into blue labels. Board detectives to the rescue. Jason banned for life from comic dealing by Borock. Enforceable? Maybe. Maybe not.

2) CGC announces new series of grading subdivisions with new labels imminent. Confusion, nashing of teeth ensues.

3) PCS (Paper Collectibles....whatever) stuck on hold. Chris Friesen's past history of alleged inhouse pressing for insiders gumming up the works.

4) CGC has a new Marketing Director. He's a coinee. 'Nuff said.

5) Steve Filosa claims that what he'd do if he found out he had a trimmed book in a blue labeled holder, is sell it undisclosed to the next sucker.

Not just the last six months but:

(Well, not "ever", but in the last seven or eight months that I've been gone, perhaps?)

What the hamburger hell?? Why?? What?? When?? Where?? How?? (Did that cover all the bases?)

You forgot "Who?"

Duuuuuuh! I KNOW "who"... now get thee to the movie poster thread and open up that cobwebby vault of knowledge and/or wisdom and/or errata obscura and help!

BTW, I got FIFTY old-ish horror movies for TWENTY dollars the other day! I thought of you. grin.gif

I'll play.

Not necessarily in the correct order....

1) Jason Ewert found to have trimmed hundreds of books and gotten them past CGC into blue labels. Board detectives to the rescue. Jason banned for life from comic dealing by Borock. Enforceable? Maybe. Maybe not.

2) CGC announces new series of grading subdivisions with new labels imminent. Confusion, nashing of teeth ensues.

3) PCS (Paper Collectibles....whatever) stuck on hold. Chris Friesen's past history of alleged inhouse pressing for insiders gumming up the works.

4) CGC has a new Marketing Director. He's a coinee. 'Nuff said.

5) Steve Filosa claims that what he'd do if he found out he had a trimmed book in a blue labeled holder, is sell it undisclosed to the next sucker.

Not just the last six months but:

Someone didn't read the first post. 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

I'll add my five not in any order of importance.

Most recent:

1) Jason Ewert is found to have trimmed many comics and got them past CGC into blue labels. 893censored-thumb.gif

From the past:

2) Hammer (along with many aliases over the years) exposed as Comic-Keys/Danny-boy (as Supa calls him) and a trimmer. mad.gif

3) The "Wheels are in Motion" Battle Royale! 893applaud-thumb.gif

4) Bug banned for life. (99 lives with all those shills...) tonofbricks.gif

5) Nikos' many grading contests... and now he's gone. frown.gif

Are we talking Kansas, Tex?

Yup. I moved here from Lawrence, KS and Khaos lives in Olathe, about 10 minutes away.

I still live in Pittsburg, KS. The Hoar, the Hoar!

I remeber when BradleyX2 sold me some Green Lanterns from Lawrence back in the day (at least I think that was you.)

Are we talking Kansas, Tex?

Yup. I moved here from Lawrence, KS and Khaos lives in Olathe, about 10 minutes away.

Sure are a lot of us Kansas boys here. thumbsup2.gif

I'm rather shocked that I haven't seen my name on anyone's list yet. devil.gif

You forgot "Who?"

Duuuuuuh! I KNOW "who"... now get thee to the movie poster thread and open up that cobwebby vault of knowledge and/or wisdom and/or errata obscura and help!

BTW, I got FIFTY old-ish horror movies for TWENTY dollars the other day! I thought of you. grin.gif

Was it this set? I bought it as well. I dig the old Vincent Price movies. The original House on Haunted Hill is a hell of a lot better than that craapy remake that came out a few years ago.

826831070032_140x200.jpg

Welcome back, Cousin Larry! I am so glad the authorities let you out of the jail after only 8 months for what you did to my sheep!

985128-ps1.jpg

Cousin Balki

985128-ps1.jpg.f0b426da5ebce5bbe0fc8587d7562bce.jpg

He was a star person , and made weeks of fun and debate , and was also the first person to also show up the big differences in grades between what CGC gives and what the board members think .

Bill, you mean "what the board members think based upon scans through the slab"? I think that's a pretty important distinction.

He was a star person , and made weeks of fun and debate , and was also the first person to also show up the big differences in grades between what CGC gives and what the board members think .

Bill, you mean "what the board members think based upon scans through the slab"? I think that's a pretty important distinction.

Damn Lawyers ! !

Who will take on this most ambitious undertaking?!??! WHO WILL BE MAN (or hermaphro-man, sorry Deathlok) ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE??!?!?

hail.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif

Who will take on this most ambitious undertaking?!??! WHO WILL BE MAN (or hermaphro-man, sorry Deathlok) ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE??!?!?

hail.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
sumo.gif

hail.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
sumo.gif
yay.gif

hail.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
sumo.gif
yay.gif
makepoint.gif

5. *Reserved for completion of Crisis* poke2.gif

In a weird coincidence, I was thinking tonight about writing another piece of the story, but the thread is no longer 'stuck' and I realized that it would probably scroll off the front page really quickly (there are usually few to no responses, which is one thing if it's stuck, but means a quick trip to obscurity if it isn't). With all the new members, I figure there aren't many people who really care any more, especially since half the 'cast' no longer posts here.

So, what to do?

1. I could pull a J.E./Dupcak and trim the ending down to: everyone dies and then the world starts over.

2. I could add another chapter of mayhem (can't remember where I left off, but I could figure that out easily enough).

3. Make sure greggy is mentioned somewhere or he won't read it.

4. Just go back to lurking.

Haven't made a decision yet, but I do feel the need to say this:

Welcome back, MK Illiterati -- I've missed ya!

-- Joanna