• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The FIVE MOST SIGNIFICANT EVENTS OF THE CGC FORUM EVER!!!!

62 posts in this topic

(Well, not "ever", but in the last seven or eight months that I've been gone, perhaps?)

Who will take on this most ambitious undertaking?!??! WHO WILL BE MAN (or hermaphro-man, sorry Deathlok) ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE??!?!?

I'll play.

Not necessarily in the correct order....

1) Jason Ewert found to have trimmed hundreds of books and gotten them past CGC into blue labels. Board detectives to the rescue. Jason banned for life from comic dealing by Borock. Enforceable? Maybe. Maybe not.

2) CGC announces new series of grading subdivisions with new labels imminent. Confusion, nashing of teeth ensues.

3) PCS (Paper Collectibles....whatever) stuck on hold. Chris Friesen's past history of alleged inhouse pressing for insiders gumming up the works.

4) CGC has a new Marketing Director. He's a coinee. 'Nuff said.

5) Steve Filosa claims that what he'd do if he found out he had a trimmed book in a blue labeled holder, is sell it undisclosed to the next sucker.

I'll play.

1) Jason Ewert found to have trimmed hundreds of books and gotten them past CGC into blue labels. Board detectives to the rescue. Jason banned for life from comic dealing by Borock. Enforceable? Maybe. Maybe not.

2) CGC announces new series of grading subdivisions with new labels imminent. Confusion, nashing of teeth ensues.

3) PCS (Paper Collectibles....whatever) stuck on hold. Chris Friesen's past history of alleged inhouse pressing for insiders gumming up the works.

5) Steve Filosa claims that what he'd do if he found out he had a trimmed book in a blue labeled holder, is sell it undisclosed to the next sucker.

Yeeeeesh. Count Hookula, these are disturbing events all. Here are my immediate thoughts:

1) Are you serious about Borock's banishment of Ewert? Is he drunk on power or his own urine?

2) Not a great shock on this one, the more CGC fudges their own standards, the more they'll have to over-correct...

3) frustrated.gif

4) New Marketing Director's EKG reading: _________________

5) I remember when I called that guy an a-hole and people actually defended him.

Ah well, the more things change, blah blah blah... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll play.

Yeeeeesh. Count Hookula, these are disturbing events all. Here are my immediate thoughts:

1) Are you serious about Borock's banishment of Ewert? Is he drunk on power or his own urine?

2) Not a great shock on this one, the more CGC fudges their own standards, the more they'll have to over-correct...

3) frustrated.gif

4) New Marketing Director's EKG reading: _________________

5) I remember when I called that guy an a-hole and people actually defended him.

Ah well, the more things change, blah blah blah... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good to have you back, MK! thumbsup2.gif

The last quote from EsquireComics was 150.

Hmmm...this must have been posted after I gouged my eyeballs out with a spoon.

But does 150 actually qualify as "hundreds"? stooges.gif

It does, for those that want to justify their witch-hunt.

(Well, not "ever", but in the last seven or eight months that I've been gone, perhaps?)

Who will take on this most ambitious undertaking?!??! WHO WILL BE MAN (or hermaphro-man, sorry Deathlok) ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE??!?!?

Dude, why do you have the Brian peppers avatar and is that not the creepiest?

1. April 10, 2002 - Chrisco joins the forums.

2. Oct. 27, 2002 - MajorKhaos joins the forums.

3. June 12, 2003 - 1st Issue Crisis on Infinite Message Boards

4. Nov. 3, 2005 - After long self-imposed exile, MajorKhaos returns!!!!

5. *Reserved for completion of Crisis* poke2.gif

How'd I do? yay.gif

Witchhunt is my middle name. acclaim.gif

Witchhunt is my middle name. acclaim.gif

dangerously close to superceding your first name, if you ask me, and you should have.

poke2.gif

OUCH!!!!!!!! frown.gif

Apparently Brad, you don't love me anymore.

sorry.gif

If you have some concerns with my comments, please PM. And if you want more information on one of my post, PM as it's possible I would tell you more than I would want to share on the boards.

Here's exactly what I said:

FROM FF#3 THREAD

While I know I will get flack for this, Bob doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to.

Me personally, I wouldn't. He bought a book with a Universal CGC label 8.5, and probably paid a reasonable sum for the book and has TRUSTED CGC to do their job.

END QUOTE:

Now at the time, I wasn't referring to a book that I absolutely knew was trimmed, in as much as a book that might appear to be trimmed. In other words, is it my responsiblity to see if CGC did their job, I say no.

Obviously a lot has occured since that time and I think we all thought this was an isolated incident. Many major dealers and CGC have guaranteed the book to be free of restoration even if it's a Blue Label, and now I would at least try to deal with CGC or dealer if I was fairly positive the book was trimmed (especially a known JE book).

But if everyone (or most of you) think I'm an A-Hole (a la Major Khaos), please say so, and I won't feel the need to post (and dicsuss) comic books on this forum anymore. confused.gif