• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Average wait time once CCS is done with your books and they are scheduled for grading?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, Lightning55 said:

I am not talking about recent events.  During the past 2-3 years, people have reported that after a long wait at CCS, their orders "hurried" through CGC grading.  Like 3 weeks instead of 6 months.  Happened to me on the only 2 CCS orders I had, not at the same time.

The OP is asking what people's experiences are with that, and instead gets conjecture about what is supposed to happen.

Let's see how his works out, and we'll get something more conclusive.

Yup. Same thing for me with dozens of subs over the past few years. They take eternity in CCS, normally beyond whatever the current estimate is, then fairly quick as soon as they pop into received at CGC.

Just got a reply from CGC customer service....in short, yes...my books sat on a shelf at CCS doing nothing for roughly one year. They have now moved to "pressing" status on 6/27/22....but because my status on the order is over eight months old at this point...it still just states "received"....which customer service called a glitch and shouldn't be. I am still amazed that this company is so short staffed or back logged that things literally sit on a shelf doing nothing for a full year. The company needs to hire / train more staff and expand to meet the need. It's basic economics....processing your inventory within 2-3 months and being able to bill that service at that time versus a year out would pay for all of it. They are leaving money on the table and frustrating their customers.

Edited by NumminzAK

I will say this...I now use a private presser who hand carries the orders to CGC....those orders have been pressed and graded and are back to me in roughly 4-5 months at most....and my guess is they are doing a better job than I will see from CCS. No additional cost to me...so again, CGC/CCS is leaving money on the table by frustrating customers and it's leading to us going to private pressers.

After being way behind already, CGC and CCS shot themselves in the foot by announcing price increases.  That caused thousands of people who were procrastinating to send in submissions all at once, a carpet-bombing effect. 

I think it was almost 5 months before they had even OPENED the boxes of submissions.  Stupidest move ever. 

You're shorthanded, you're way behind, so you open the floodgates for an unprecedented number of orders to come in.  The definition of D-U-M-B.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:54 PM, Lightning55 said:

After being way behind already, CGC and CCS shot themselves in the foot by announcing price increases.  That caused thousands of people who were procrastinating to send in submissions all at once, a carpet-bombing effect. 

I think it was almost 5 months before they had even OPENED the boxes of submissions.  Stupidest move ever. 

You're shorthanded, you're way behind, so you open the floodgates for an unprecedented number of orders to come in.  The definition of D-U-M-B.

Didn't I see in one of these video interviews with Matt Nelson where he quip the prices increases were CGC's answer to their TAT problems as the higher prices would tend to discourage submittors from submitting going forward longer term?  lol

I can only relate to my situation, but I sent 3 separate submissions to CCS last year:

Modern - Sent 4/22/2021

Economy - Sent 4/22/2021

Economy - Sent 5/10/21

They sat in CCS forever (up until early last week).  Then they moved to SFG at CGC.  My modern was only there a week and has since shipped.  My economy from 5/10/2021 is in grading/encapsulating/imaging.  My other Economy submission is waiting on 1 book to finish being pressed.

From my own personal experiences, which also includes other submissions that were completed in 2021, CGC does seem to move much faster on completing CCS submissions.

I wouldn't expect CGC Customer Service to confirm this, because they're likely hesitant to create false expectations. 

In addition, there are probably other examples where this isn't the case.