• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Average wait time once CCS is done with your books and they are scheduled for grading?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

An order I shipped one year ago for CCS pressing / Grading finally just billed to my credit card yesterday for just the CCS portion. I still can't see status because it's been over 8 months....but I'm curious what others are experiencing currently for a turnaround specifically from CCS to Graded? I truly hope it's faster than had I just handed them the books for grading as of today. One would think an order that has been in their care for a year now wouldn't have to go to the back of the line for grading at this point.

I haven't had any comics go in for pressing lately, but I recall 2 years ago that those that came out of pressing didn't take long in Grading.  Like a few weeks, maybe.  At least that is my recollection.  It wasn't the full TAT.  I'm not sure if that is still the norm.

You can check the status of orders over 8 months old by entering the submission number in the search box of your dashboard page.  Don't have the submission number?  Find your original order number (CGCxxxxxxxxxx) and contact customer service by phone or email.  There are 4 ways to find the order #.

1 - If you printed out your order, the order number (CGCxxxxxxxxxx) will be on the printout.   2 - Find your original email acknowledgement for the order number.  3 - Pretend to put in a new order on the submission page CGC Comic Submission Form , and it may show you your history of completed orders (at least mine does).   Since you got billed by CCS, it may show as completed with the original order #.  Again, no submission number, but a CGC order number that is also a link to reprint the original order.  4 - Call or email Customer Service with at least your member number, and they can get you the info.   5 - Bonus method - the submission # might by on the credit card transaction on your bank statement, or if CGC sent you an email acknowledgement of the payment.

Ridiculous that the dashboard does not show EVERY order that has yet to be completed, no matter the timeframe.  An embarrassment to CGC that your order disappears from the screen because they are just so slow processing it, making it harder for you to follow.  Adding insult to injury.  That's customer service to the negative degree.

A late edit:  I am not sure if the submission # changes when it moves between CCS and CGC.  I don't think it does.

Later edit:  If you can see your completed orders on the Submit Order page as outlined in #3 above, if you click on TRACK at the far right of the order, it will bring you to a page that shows the Submission Number.

Also a CGC fail that you can't search your dashboard by order number, submission number only.

Edited by Lightning55

Awesome, thanks...I agree that it's ridiculous that I could check status for up to eight months, but then it reverts to "received" status only when you type in the request number. It's like even CGC is admitting that eight months is too long of a time frame for them to have to deal with lol.

It is showing as "Received" because that is correct in CGC language.  CGC just received it from CCS, that phase completed. 

They don't make a distinction that it already went to CCS, appears like any other submission that they just opened and logged.  There should be better descriptors.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, OtherMan said:

One would be incorrect :frown:

He is not incorrect. I recently had 5 submissions that went to CCS first and sat there for a year. When they got moved over to CGC, they got graded and shipped within a few weeks. Certainly not the full wait time at the "back of the line".

On 7/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, OtherMan said:

He is incorrect. CGC and CCS are two separate companies. You don't get to skip the grading line just because you had CCS press them. When your CCS book arrives at CGC it's no different than CGC opening your mailed submission that arrived that day.

0459FFE7-8971-40FB-9A78-5A06A26BB8DA.gif.9012a5d3047756955b476d9ead7c2bdb.gif

On 7/5/2022 at 3:14 PM, jharvey said:

He is not incorrect. I recently had 5 submissions that went to CCS first and sat there for a year. When they got moved over to CGC, they got graded and shipped within a few weeks. Certainly not the full wait time at the "back of the line".

What tier?

On 7/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, OtherMan said:

He is incorrect. CGC and CCS are two separate companies. You don't get to skip the grading line just because you had CCS press them. When your CCS book arrives at CGC it's no different than CGC opening your mailed submission that arrived that day.

They say that, but if you look thru the posts in current turnaround times you’ll quickly find out that is not the case. Books from CCS do move faster once they hit SFG. For example I just had a book that was modern slow track that went like so:

Received (CCS) - 7/16/21

SFG - 6/24/22

GEI - 6/29/22

Grading/QC - 6/30/22

Shipped 7/1/22

Go over to the current turnaround time thread and you’ll see people reporting modern slow track subs without CCS sitting in SFG from April-June before getting any additional movement. You’ll also see others reporting exactly as I said about modern slow track with CCS, which is SFG to shipped is a matter of a few business days. So either a bunch of people are collectively lying to form this narrative or CCS books are in fact moved along faster once they hit CGC and are SFG.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, NumminzAK said:

An order I shipped one year ago for CCS pressing / Grading finally just billed to my credit card yesterday for just the CCS portion. I still can't see status because it's been over 8 months....but I'm curious what others are experiencing currently for a turnaround specifically from CCS to Graded? I truly hope it's faster than had I just handed them the books for grading as of today. One would think an order that has been in their care for a year now wouldn't have to go to the back of the line for grading at this point.

When you get yours back from grading, you can let us know how long it took.  Then we'll know.  Or at least have another data point, fresh info.

Getting conflicting info from members, but likely because there are inconsistent experiences.

I had a Modern Tier (no Fast Track) order "jump the line" and got it back in 3 weeks.  Stuff happens randomly at CGC, and no one can see behind the curtain.

On 7/5/2022 at 6:36 PM, Lightning55 said:

When you get yours back from grading, you can let us know how long it took.  Then we'll know.  Or at least have another data point, fresh info.

Getting conflicting info from members, but likely because there are inconsistent experiences.

I had a Modern Tier (no Fast Track) order "jump the line" and got it back in 3 weeks.  Stuff happens randomly at CGC, and no one can see behind the curtain.

Do we really have conflicting data? Or just one person who believed it worked one way without actually indicating they had a sub of their own that actually followed that pattern they thought to be true? Not trying to be antagonistic, genuinely curious if there are really people who are seeing it sit at CCS a year and then at CGC another several months? That’s brutal if that’s happening… but everyone here is saying they’ve experienced the opposite. For example here’s a couple screenshots of one of my recent subs (clearly indicating a week of time spent at CGC): 36AB93FC-09DF-438D-AA60-6143097F402E.thumb.jpeg.c24e697aac7e0629525e67946007124e.jpeg2697C735-7CD0-4FAC-B245-94E6B7CA7ADD.thumb.jpeg.c424ae56f6bef2fa1a16c7d7810a177e.jpeg

so does someone really have something like this but with a multi month wait in the 2nd screenshot between CGC Received date and Shipped date on top of their insanely long CCS wait time?

Edited by wiparker824

Maybe we'll have to poll the audience.

It may be as you say, a voice or two saying the TATs for pressing and then grading are consecutive, no compression or favoritism given for CCS orders moving to CGC.  I personally feel that it is compressed, but only from recollection, very little time in Grading after pressing, maybe like VIP in Disney lines.

But then we have that email from Jennifer in the above post, specifying that the times are added together (as I interpret it).  No specific mention of a hurry-along after pressing.  I gave a lot weight to this, since it is coming directly from a CGC rep:

https://d3nvbf5pqk2vjh.cloudfront.net/cgccomics/monthly_2022_07/Screenshot_20220705-155738_Chrome.jpg.0082e995605b806586f2cdfda31aae1c.jpg

The only factual thing we can do is let people post real data from their own experiences (not what they sorta remember, or what they think), and see what the numbers say.

Anything else is just hearsay.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, wiparker824 said:
On 7/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, OtherMan said:

They say that, but if you look thru the posts in current turnaround times you’ll quickly find out that is not the case. Books from CCS do move faster once they hit SFG.

Not sure where the post from OtherMan has gone to since it appears to have now been deleted.  ???

This confirms to me that CGC and CCS are indeed NOT acting like two separate independent companies like what they are supposed to be doing.  I certainly hope this preferential treatment in terms of turnaround time that is being given to books pressed by CCS, as opposed to their competitors, also does not extend to either preferential grading of the books or preferential treatment of pressing defects (if any) as some have alluded to?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

One thing to keep in mind is they have been way behind on CCS. So, for example my sub above I posted, when I sent it to CGC/CCS the current TAT for modern pressing in July 2021 was 114 days. And CGC grading modern was 89 days. So, around 200 business days total was what I expected if it did indeed stack. A full calendar year (which is what these subs have taken) is longer than the 200 business days anyways. So, anyone thinking they can game the turnaround time by sending to CCS is sadly mistaken - we’ve all been waiting much longer than even what the stacked posted TAT’s were at time of submission. I can’t even imagine how long new subs are going to take with the current TAT for modern CCS above 250 business days. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, PlutoX said:

That's how it works :facepalm:

For example, if you sent a book in for Economy pressing (232 biz days) and then for Economy grading (254 biz day), your wait time would be 486 biz days or approximately 22 months.

Yes, we all know how it is written up.  But what actually happens seems to be reportedly different. 

I take it you are not speaking from personal experience with you submissions, but presuming what is on the TAT schedule to be consecutive.

EDIT:  Don't know what happened there.  The post came through with some phrases repeated twice, had to fix it.  Gremlins.  Or Demensia.

Edited by Lightning55

On 7/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, PlutoX said:

Have you considered that it's the experimental grading system that CGC announced they're trying to implement, where they said some books will randomly jump the line?

I am not talking about recent events.  During the past 2-3 years, people have reported that after a long wait at CCS, their orders "hurried" through CGC grading.  Like 3 weeks instead of 6 months.  Happened to me on the only 2 CCS orders I had, not at the same time.

The OP is asking what people's experiences are with that, and instead gets conjecture about what is supposed to happen.

Let's see how his works out, and we'll get something more conclusive.