• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Summer Edition (#3) Sign-up Thread
23 23

223 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/10/2022 at 12:40 AM, DELTA 62 said:

I keep getting spammed by CGC Mike... go ahead and count me in!

I am sorry.  I had no idea the campaign was going to launch another round of PM's.  I have disabled it so, it should not happen again.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:36 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry.  I had no idea the campaign was going to launch another round of PM's.  I have disabled it so, it should not happen again.

Skynet was activated. 

:gossip: I recieved 2 "test group" messages. 

On 7/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, CGC Mike said:

The signup ends next Thursday.  Tentatively, the contest will start next Saturday the 23rd at 8:00 PM 

It's really cool how you've put so much effort into these contests. This is not criticism, just wondering if you might work with Matt or IT types to upload higher resolution scans this time around? I would think that the scans themselves are very high resolution when being made, but that they just don't get uploaded as such.

I do know about the triple-click, but even afterwards the images were still very pixelated when trying to zoom in to details. I think it would even the playing field, especially for older eyes. Thanks for considering it!

• Administrator
On 7/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, KirbyTown said:

It's really cool how you've put so much effort into these contests. This is not criticism, just wondering if you might work with Matt or IT types to upload higher resolution scans this time around? I would think that the scans themselves are very high resolution when being made, but that they just don't get uploaded as such.

I do know about the triple-click, but even afterwards the images were still very pixelated when trying to zoom in to details. I think it would even the playing field, especially for older eyes. Thanks for considering it!

Suggestions are welcome.  During the second half of the first contest, we had a problem delivering high resolutions scans to the forum.  That was corrected for the second contest.  Although, the scans were darkened a little so the defects would show up better.  I haven't seen the scans yet for this contest but, I will make sure they come from the original source, and are high resolution.