• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED --> CAF fund-raising sale: Bagley/Byrne/Romita Jr/Williamson + Ditko/Starlin/Keown & McFarlane
6 6

36 posts in this topic

Hi, all:

I'm looking to raise funds for a major purchase so I'll be opening the vaults for a short time next week to make some artwork for sale.  Once I raise the amount I need, I will end the sale.

Although I'm still thinking about adding more pieces for sale, there will definitely be artwork by Bagley/Byrne/Romita Jr/Williamson and others.

Sale will start on Friday, July 8th and all items will be priced...none of this "make an offer" BS.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

I've received several DM's for additional information so just to be fair to everyone, I'm posting further details here.

1.  I've determined that I need to make more pieces available in order to hit my target fundraising goal so I'll also be offering Ditko, Keown, McFarlane and Starlin pieces

2.  Most of the artwork will be from comic books, with a few comic strip pieces

3. Characters/titles included are: ASM, Spidey, Captain America, Carnage, Fantastic Four,  Hulk, X-men & related titles.

4. I'll be listing between 15-18 pieces in total, with several DPS's and multiple cover formats

5. Prices will range from $1K up to $175K (yup, that's a mighty huge range)

6. I'll provide more information on Thursday about rules, time payments, payment methods, and start time for the sale

Thanks for your interest thus far...speak Thursday (thumbsu

On 7/4/2022 at 7:25 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I've received several DM's for additional information so just to be fair to everyone, I'm posting further details here.

1.  I've determined that I need to make more pieces available in order to hit my target fundraising goal so I'll also be offering Ditko, Keown, McFarlane and Starlin pieces

2.  Most of the artwork will be from comic books, with a few comic strip pieces

3. Characters/titles included are: ASM, Spidey, Captain America, Carnage, Fantastic Four,  Hulk, X-men & related titles.

4. I'll be listing between 15-18 pieces in total, with several DPS's and multiple cover formats

5. Prices will range from $1K up to $175K (yup, that's a mighty huge range)

6. I'll provide more information on Thursday about rules, time payments, payment methods, and start time for the sale

Thanks for your interest thus far...speak Thursday (thumbsu

Appreciate this.  Add me to the list and let me know.  

Below are some important details for tomorrow's fund-raising adventure:

1. I'll start to load items at noon Eastern (New York) time.  Hopefully, this will provide everyone with a fair chance at the artwork
  2. Happy to provide additional scans upon request.  Please provide me with your email address when making the request
  3. 1st email confirming 'I'll take it' will get the art.  I will review emails sequentially, by timestamp to ensure fairness
  4. Time payments are fine with me.  If you need time payments, please let me know as soon as I've confirmed the art is on hold for you and we can work out a fair payment plan
  5. Payment -->  Bankwire, ewire, money order, Bank Draft, personal cheque (must clear before artwork is shipped), Paypal (with certain conditions), other (let me know what you have in mind)
  6. Shipping --> North America = $30, Europe = $50, rest of world = please inquire for exact shipping quote
  7. Trades --> not at this time
  8. Questions?  Please DM me   

On 7/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Below are some important details for tomorrow's fund-raising adventure:

1. I'll start to load items at noon Eastern (New York) time.  Hopefully, this will provide everyone with a fair chance at the artwork
  2. Happy to provide additional scans upon request.  Please provide me with your email address when making the request
  3. 1st email confirming 'I'll take it' will get the art.  I will review emails sequentially, by timestamp to ensure fairness
  4. Time payments are fine with me.  If you need time payments, please let me know as soon as I've confirmed the art is on hold for you and we can work out a fair payment plan
  5. Payment -->  Bankwire, ewire, money order, Bank Draft, personal cheque (must clear before artwork is shipped), Paypal (with certain conditions), other (let me know what you have in mind)
  6. Shipping --> North America = $30, Europe = $50, rest of world = please inquire for exact shipping quote
  7. Trades --> not at this time
  8. Questions?  Please DM me   
  9. Link to my CAF --> ART FOR SALE GALLERY 1 - Y M's Original Comic Art Gallery at ComicArtFans.com

Thanks for the reminder to include the link to my CAF gallery...see item 9 above in bold font...can't believe I forgot to add it ??? 

Hi, all:

Canada’s largest internet service provider is currently experiencing outages across country, including where I reside.

I do not have internet connectivity, but I hopped onto my local Starbucks to inform you that my sale may not start at noon as originally planned. 

if you don’t see an update on my CAF at noon and/or a posting from me here, that means I still don’t have internet access and will reschedule the start of my sale.

apologies in advance if the reschedule needs to happen.

Wow, I think I am on these boards too much.  I found out about the Rogers national outage here! (if I used Rogers for my own internet service I would have found out directly like poor Yoram)

Malvin