• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coolest Movie Posters of All Time?

140 posts in this topic

Speaking of animated films, this one is great!

(Fantastic Planet)

989167-FantasticPlanet.jpg

I saw that when it came out in the mid '70s - it was on a double bill with a surfing movie called Crystal Voyager, which was pretty dull.

Fantastic Planet was surreal, if very much of its' time. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Wish I still had the LP but it got accidentally paint spattered.

What.. so you threw it out cause it got a little color touch? Many GA books also recieved a little inadvertent paint, or glue.. you gonna throw those out as well??

And here I thought you were educated about restored things not being a bad word,or the red headed step children of the hobby.. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Paint splattered records indeed...ya coulda simply had the paint removed, and it woulda been a blue label record again.

Ze-

OT....a few of the many posters I really like.

(I know , lame that I did post images, no time now)

2001 A Space Odyessy

Chinatown

Dr. Strangelove

And because it is so busy, and comic book looking.......This Island Earth

Ze-

And because it is so busy, and comic book looking.......This Island Earth

Ze-

That was the movie that was reviewed in the MST3K movie. thumbsup2.gif

island.jpg

After that, you can never see the movie the same way again.

That one is new to me, I was thinking of another similar, but vertical version.

Way cool though.

The 2 1/2 years part always cracked me up.

Ze-

This one?

990270-ThisIslandEarth2.jpg

Bingo.. hail.gif

Clear glass tubes, big headed aliens,things blowing up, and the word Technicolor..what else could a Movie poster fan ask for?...well ok...boobies. But her blouse IS cut low!

Ze-

I've seen that movie [A Clockwork Orange] once. It's seriously disturbed.

I saw it when I was in college. The student movie theater at NCSU had a double feature one Friday or Saturday evening. They showed "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer", which had to sit on the shelf after it was made and was finally able to be released, and "A Clockwork Orange". Interesting night of movie-watching! Interesting crowd that night, too (which of course included me smile.gif ).

I love obscure horror movies in addition to the classic ones, but finding posters of movies like "Nudist Colony of the Dead", which is a REALLY funny movie, is probably impossible (or not very affordable, at least).