• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coolest Movie Posters of All Time?

140 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any forgotten/neglected gems? I'm considering starting a collection. I've already got the poster from Vanilla Ice's magnum opus, "Cool As Ice."

Anyone (Pov) have any (Pov) input (Pov)?

Well, with the posters I collect the movies stop about 1949. I do collect the Realart 4-color re-releases of the more hideously expensive Universal stuff like Frankenstein, Dracula etc They are made from about 1947-1952. But even these are getting into the hundreds and thousands for the chioce ones.

I guess one thing is to determine what you want to collect (age/genre) and if you want to display them, alternate displaying them, etc.

If I can get my act together tonight I will post a shot of wall in my apartment that has a one-sheet, some lobby cards and a Belgian Window Card.

Pardon the quick and dirty shots - had to angle as well to reduce glare. These are all original lobby cards or posters. I framed them myself, all archivally.

On the left is a Blegian Window Card of SON OF FRANKENSTEIN. Below that is a THINK FAST MR. MOTO lobby card. Next a JUNGLE CAPTIVE 1-sheet. Finally Realart lobby cards of DRACULA'S DAUGHTER, THE RAVEN, THE MUMMY'S TOMB & FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN. (I just upgraded on ebay to an original release FRANK MEETS WOLF so that Realart will be replaced.)

Also need to adjust the hanging for eveness etc but this will give you a feel for them.

posters1.jpg

Last grouping contains probably my favorite piece so far - the top left Realart re-release Title Lobby Card of WEREWOLF OF LONDON. The TERROR BY NIGHT is an original Universal insert. GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN and NIGHT MONSTER are also both first-run original Universal releases. The Frankenstein is a Realart re-release as well. Nice shot of the monster.

posters3.jpg