• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces QR Codes on Labels and Free Grader Notes for All
8 8

87 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m guessing the next announcement will be some kind of ‘reholder special’ for those that want to update their current slabs with the QR code.   :popcorn:

Maybe a free ( :roflmao:) sticker?

Good move by CGC, long overdue, but welcome. 

• Administrator
On 7/7/2022 at 3:41 PM, universal soldier said:

@CGC Mike it seems that if there are no notes you only see this message. 

This is required.This is required.

Is this the expected UX? I entered in a few of my older books that I never checked on notes before.

Could I get the cert numbers for these books?

On 7/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, CGC Mike said:

Could I get the cert numbers for these books?

Sure thing, will send you a PM. Thank you :)

On 7/11/2022 at 6:49 AM, Stevemmg said:

This was a great feature that CBCS had from their launch, and glad to see this finally make the migration to CGC. It won’t help on the millions of previously graded slabs, but you have to start somewhere. A positive move. 

Careful now, wouldn't want to get caught "promoting competitors"  :shiftyeyes:

here;s a suggestion, CGC graders should provide notes on anything less than a 9.8. I need to understand why they gave a book a 9.6 vs 9.8. This should be documented and frankly required by their manager/dept. Not providing facts for the grades given, allows their staff to continually be inconsistent (no accountability) and allows for the consumer to lose faith in the existing process.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, jsilverjanet said:

here;s a suggestion, CGC graders should provide notes on anything less than a 9.8. I need to understand why they gave a book a 9.6 vs 9.8. This should be documented and frankly required by their manager/dept. Not providing facts for the grades given, allows their staff to continually be inconsistent (no accountability) and allows for the consumer to lose faith in the existing process.

Graders notes for 9.6: the coin toss was tails

Limited search for grading notes.  Was at a con and after looking up 7 grading notes message stating to protect their data base I was locked out.  Logged in using my PAID password and still locked out.  Has anyone else been limited when looking up grading notes?  Thanks.