• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATL ComicCon, 11/20 ... Who's Going?

81 posts in this topic

I urge everyone within earshot to come to this thing!!! It is by far the best small show I've seen. The dealers are all friendly and eager to sell. I've been there for the last two shows and I've been able to get some awesome books for great prices.

Yes, I'm looking forward to it, too. Can you tell? crazy.gif

I urge everyone within earshot to come to this thing!!! It is by far the best small show I've seen. The dealers are all friendly and eager to sell. I've been there for the last two shows and I've been able to get some awesome books for great prices.

Its a great one-day comic show. There will probably be 6 times as many comic dealers there as there was at DragonCon this year smile.gif. If you live in the vicinity and are on the fence about deciding about whether or not to come - it won't be a waste of an afternoon.

Its a great one-day comic show. There will probably be 6 times as many comic dealers there as there was at DragonCon this year smile.gif. If you live in the vicinity and are on the fence about deciding about whether or not to come - it won't be a waste of an afternoon.

and dont forget BigMike will be there !! sumo.gif

Big Mike are you a seller? If so, where do you usually set up (oriented from the entrance as one first walks in)?

And since I owe this guy for some great deals he made in the past - Look out for Crazy Ed from Florida. Nice selection and will work with you every time.

wink.gif

Big Mike are you a seller? If so, where do you usually set up (oriented from the entrance as one first walks in)?

yep a seller I am -- should be across on the back wall from the entrance-- usually-- but just look for a display with a ton of late silver- bronze 1`st issues and that will be me -- and dont forget 30% discount to forum members that mention the boards-- see you all there sumo.gifsumo.gif

4-5 hours. My wife and I have friends up there so we've got a place to stay if we don't want to come back Saturday night. We've been meaning to head up for a visit and this would provide a conveniant excuse - if I can convince the wife. smile.gif

Quote:

Jeff,

were you at the nashville show?

Yep. Were you?

Did you sell someone a Tomb of Dracula #13? If so that was me. thumbsup2.gif

I've sold so many TOD #13 I lost count. It is such a hot book. It has Blade in it.... Dracula in it..... It is really cool.....

Nah just kidding.... I remember you.

I'm thinking about driving up for the day and checking it out. I can't get their webpage to load up though. Can someone give me directions? I'd be coming up I-75 from Tallahassee.

75 north to atlanta. 75 will merge with 85 while you go through downtown. Veer left to get on 85 north. Take Clairmont Road Exit. Turn left. 2nd or 3rd light will be for Century Plaza. Turn right. Marriott is at the end of that road. PM me for address or my cell phone in case you get lost.

But you must purchase hot books from me.

And since I owe this guy for some great deals he made in the past - Look out for Crazy Ed from Florida. Nice selection and will work with you every time.

wink.gif

Good deals from Crazy Ed???????????????? Example please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good deals from Crazy Ed???????????????? Example please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a Wanted 1 (DC), Ghost Rider 10, Witching Hour 1, Tor 1, Weird Worlds 1, Strange Sport Stories 1, Marvel Team-up 1 and Superman 200. All nice copies for prices that I was happy with. Plus he let me break up my payment between cash and credit. Something that is hard to do at some smaller shows.

And since I'm giving shout-outs...

The seller who is on the direct left in the nearest corner as you enter: He sold me my Showcase 17, which is one of the books that's dearest to my heart.

And another who sold me an FF 48 at Dragon-con. He said he was always at the ATL, but I never noticed him there before. If I remember correctly, he's toward the right as you walk in next to the nice couple with all of the 50% off boxes.

I'm horrible with names, or else I'd give credit where it is due.

And on a side note: I mentioned it in September, but I'll bring it up again. I'm boycotting Dragon-con due to their ineptitude and lack of customer service. I encourage anyone who cares to do so also. I apologize to any vendors who may get hurt from a lack of buyers, but this is something I feel strongly about.

Original post: http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...ge=2#Post921233

sign-rantpost.gif

75 north to atlanta. 75 will merge with 85 while you go through downtown. Veer left to get on 85 north. Take Clairmont Road Exit. Turn left. 2nd or 3rd light will be for Century Plaza. Turn right. Marriott is at the end of that road. PM me for address or my cell phone in case you get lost.

But you must purchase hot books from me.

Well, I ran it by the wife and got shot down. mad.gif

I guess next year I should plan ahead a little bit. Thanks for the directions anyway. I don't suppose any of you southern dealers ever have any shows in Jacksonville?