• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No USPS Registered Mail Option
4 4

111 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2022 at 7:37 AM, D84 said:

I didn't say go to CBCS. There is such a thing as raw comics.

I don't submit to CGC, but I buy and sell hundreds of their slabs.  I simply use the secondary market.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, shadroch said:

I don't submit to CGC, but I buy and sell hundreds of their slabs.  I simply use the secondary market.

I recently jumped in that boat after a fun little exchange with CGCMike. CGC will never get another dollar from me

On 7/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

"CGC has found FedEx to be the fastest and most reliable service" Faster? Maybe yes maybe no.  Reliable? Nothing is more reliable than USPS registered. Employees get fired if these go missing. Every step of the way is signed for.

Sure FedEx insures for $100k, but would you rather have your books or fight for a claim.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:23 AM, WolverineX said:

umm. Fed Ex is the worst.  

I am not a fan of FedEx Ground AT ALL. FedEx isn't as bad but still not my fav.  They all have issues though.

I def don't think limiting the vast majority of their customer base to a single carrier is the best idea.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:59 AM, Lord Gemini said:

The thing is, I'm looking to slab many of my comics. Not a helpful solution.

I get that, but since Blackstone bought CGC, the company has been going downhill fast in terms of service.

You want it to change? Vote with your dollars. If everyone who is upset about the way the company is going stopped throwing money at them, Blackstone will take notice.

Enough people do this, Blackstone will either sell CGC or change they way they do things. Either outcome is an improvement. 

This is weird.  Aren't we the ones who pay the full cost of return shipments?  Lets put aside the anecdotal evidence that USPS registered is best overall (and preferred) even if it is costlier/slower than FedEx (b/c folks prefer to get their books later than not getting them at all or damaged).   If CGC really believes that customers' experience has been better (i.e., faster) with FedEx, then why not let us MEMBERS keep deciding who we select for return shipment?  Surely, if CGC is correct, we would already be selecting Fedex instead of choosing UPS and/or paying a premium for USPS registered mail.  So the "problem" that CGC is trying to address would (or should) fix itself.   It makes no customer-centric sense for CGC to limit our ability to select the carrier of our books.  Especially since, as far as I know, WE NEVER ASKED FOR THIS CHANGE.  (shrug)

Edited by Pantodude

I have always selected USPS registered mail for my return shipments because, as I keep posting, in my area except for one driver each from FedEx and UPS their service is horrendous. Of course, via FedEx, since CGC has limited shipping to that company (outside of a P.O. Box), the number of things that can go wrong before my comic books reach my vicinity are multitude.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, Midcall said:

Which was all your fault :makepoint: :violin:

Not true. He claimed I was promoting the other guys. I just mentioned they were doing something new and asked if CGC had a planned response.

His response was to delete the comment and threaten me. The mods get pretty heavy handed with bans if you so much as mention that other 4 letter company and it's only gotten worse since BlackRock bought CGC, along with everything else about the company. Stick around the boards a little longer and you'll start to see what I mean. 

Edited by Nic8612

On 7/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Pantodude said:

This is weird.  Aren't we the ones who pay the full cost of return shipments?  Lets put aside the anecdotal evidence that USPS registered is best overall (and preferred) even if it is costlier/slower than FedEx (b/c folks prefer to get their books later than not getting them at all or damaged).   If CGC really believes that customers' experience has been better (i.e., faster) with FedEx, then why not let us MEMBERS keep deciding who we select for return shipment?  Surely, if CGC is correct, we would already be selecting Fedex instead of choosing UPS and/or paying a premium for USPS registered mail.  So the "problem" that CGC is trying to address would (or should) fix itself.   It makes no customer-centric sense for CGC to limit our ability to select the carrier of our books.  Especially since, as far as I know, WE NEVER ASKED FOR THIS CHANGE.  (shrug)

Let the customers decide, nah, can't have that now since we are owned and leveraged by the same equity firm that has a vested interest into where they would like to see that traffic go. 

Edited by Jaylam

What's funny about this new direction for CGC is that it wasn't that long ago that CGC would NOT ship using FedEx in California AT ALL. So just a couple of years ago FedEx wasn't reliable enough to use AT ALL in one of the largest states in the country but now they are the only shipper they use? Riiiiight! Good call there CGC.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, Pantodude said:

The submitter can decide how their packages are returned. They just have to setup their own account through that carrier and provide that information to CGC with acknowledgement that they want to utilize their own account moving forward.

This only limits those that do not wish to create their own accounts and deal with all that is involved in that.

Remember CGC is the customer to the carrier in this situation, the submitter isn't, it is CGC's rates they are posting not what I can get walking into UPS, FedEx or USPS to ship.

Just being :devil:'s advocate here. :fear:

On 7/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, Crops068 said:

The submitter can decide how their packages are returned. They just have to setup their own account through that carrier and provide that information to CGC with acknowledgement that they want to utilize their own account moving forward.

This only limits those that do not wish to create their own accounts and deal with all that is involved in that.

Remember CGC is the customer to the carrier in this situation, the submitter isn't, it is CGC's rates they are posting not what I can get walking into UPS, FedEx or USPS to ship.

Just being :devil:'s advocate here. :fear:

Gotcha.  But CGC shouldn't care (unless we do) what those rates are.  We pay for shiping to/from CGC.  But i see the option remains, from what you say, but only if you arrange for it separately on your own?  They complicated things for us, but not for our benefit, unlike what CGC has said.  

Edited by Pantodude

On 7/11/2022 at 6:08 AM, Courageous Cat said:

not sure where all the hate is coming from, but I have used them many, many times and have not once been disappointed. No, I don't work for them, but I am sure you could find just as many complaints from users of UPS, USPS and DHL But to suggest "well, stop using CGC and use CBCS" is just ridiculous. Yeah, so I'm pissed with CGC's choice of shipper, so I'm gonna opt for a crappier case and lame label...what a lame argument

You would probably be correct when you say that one could find pretty much the same amount of complaints for every shipper. I'm certain it has to more to do with your particular driver and where you live than with the company itself. Personally, I'm fine with any of the big 3. I usually had CGC ship vis USPS simply for insurance reasons, though that reason appears moot now.

The last part of your post, however, is rubbing me the wrong way. You use the words "ridiculous" and "lame" to describe using CBCS. Your justification for this seems to be that their case and label are inferior. To assume, however, that your opinion is shared by everyone is ... ridiculous and lame. Not to mention borderline narcissist.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:29 PM, Crops068 said:

Can you explain exactly how to do this step-by-step in order to use USPS registered? 

• Administrator
On 7/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, Nic8612 said:

Not true. He claimed I was promoting the other guys. I just mentioned they were doing something new and asked if CGC had a planned response.

His response was to delete the comment and threaten me. The mods get pretty heavy handed with bans if you so much as mention that other 4 letter company and it's only gotten worse since BlackRock bought CGC, along with everything else about the company. Stick around the boards a little longer and you'll start to see what I mean. 

For the record, it wasn't a threat.  It was a warning in the thread, that does not add points to your account..  Seems you keep bringing this up, in the future I will say nothing but, I will use the formal warning template, which comes with points.  

On 7/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

For the record, it wasn't a threat.  It was a warning in the thread, that does not add points to your account..  Seems you keep bringing this up, in the future I will say nothing but, I will use the formal warning template, which comes with points.  

Stalk much?

On 7/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Crops068 said:

P.O.Box? Or https://www.usps.com/business/business-shipping.htm?

I am fine using the CGC provided shipping at this point.  I used UPS and it was a nightmare, for me.

Yeah we know about renting a PO Box and the website. I guess you don't have details like can CGC use click and ship if the have my info? Do I need a business account? Does it cost money to get a business account? What kind of info does CGC need to set this up?

I'm not putting you on the spot - these questions are for everyone.