• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I feel like I got taken
2 2

76 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, KirbyTown said:

I have no idea what the actual CGC demographics are nor anything about OP, but I can confidently say that young collectors are rabid for variant covers and for CGC slabbing.

Occasionally I'll venture onto Reddit. Maybe once a week - that's all I can take. 

I'll look at the Comic Book Collecting forum. Any time a raw book is posted there's a chorus of comments saying slab it. You gotta CGC it. 

The WWW tells me 65% of Reddit users are between the ages of 18 and 29. This is the hobby for them.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:14 PM, grendelbo said:

slab it. You gotta CGC it

Counterpoint interiors could probably be left blank if they aren't already. Zoomers' lust for those exploitation covers is bolstered by an unshakable confidence in their pin-up collection's long-term value.

Edited by KirbyTown

On 7/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

IMG_4710.jpg

That's a nice book, but shouldn't those spine ticks bring it down a little?  Maybe 9.6?  :cool:

On 7/14/2022 at 9:00 AM, KirbyTown said:

I'd argue that it's a significant defect because of actual material loss, which always seems to be treated with more weight than blemishes.

So...clearly over graded or just a weak 9.6?