• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

over 400 comics
3 3

10 posts in this topic

hey guys i’m looking for some help and advice, my dads been collecting comics from the beginning of time and i’d love to get them all graded but there’s just too many to send one by one. do we know of any bulk graders? or how to go about grading bulk amount of comics? 

• Administrator

Hello

We allow 25 comics per submission because that is the most that we can safely ship into 1 box, back to the customer.  Although, you can send us more than 1 submission at a time.  

Mike

On 7/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, Jacob0523 said:

my dads been collecting comics from the beginning of time

...and he only has 400?

I've acquired over 650 Warrens since February 5.  I can only imagine what I would have accumulated if I started at the beginning of time.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, Jacob0523 said:

hey guys i’m looking for some help and advice, my dads been collecting comics from the beginning of time and i’d love to get them all graded but there’s just too many to send one by one. do we know of any bulk graders? or how to go about grading bulk amount of comics? 

No matter who you send to, and there are only 2 legit choices, each comic will be about $25-$35 not counting any pressing you want done.  So x400 you are looking at $10k-$14k just for grading.  Pony up the money and you're all set!

On 7/15/2022 at 12:37 PM, Lightning55 said:

No matter who you send to, and there are only 2 legit choices, each comic will be about $25-$35 not counting any pressing you want done.  So x400 you are looking at $10k-$14k just for grading.  Pony up the money and you're all set!

Oh, and you should get them back by the next Presidential election.

You can post pictures in this forum: https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

If you're willing to spend a little time learning to grade, I recommend the Overstreet Grading Guide.

It also would be a good idea for you to do some research around which books have value.

Edited by adampasz

On 7/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Jacob0523 said:

To get back to your actual question, it might be easier to take all of the books you want graded to a comic convention that CGC is attending, and submit them in person.  Check the CGC website for a calendar showing their schedule.  That should be a million times easier that packing them all up and mailing them to Florida (of course that might depend on the proximity of the convention to you).  

I would peruse the CGC website pretty seriously to understand the various submission tiers and costs, and then contact CGC customer service to walk you through the process of filling out online forms.

NOTE:  Others have alluded to this, it is possible that not every single book is not FINANCIALLY WORTH GRADING, but of course everyone has a different financial threshold of 'worth it', and people grade for reasons other than financial.  It is also possible that every single book is financially worth grading.  Ultimately its up to you and nobody knows your collection or financial preferences better than you.

Good luck.