• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC ever straight up lost your stuff?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Sent 11 comics in for C&P and grading last November.  They showed as received for months, but now the submission doesn't show up on My Submissions.  I sent 2 emails asking what's up and haven't heard boo.  Anyone ever have this happen?  Do I try and call?  Keep emailing?  Of course, I never took a screen shot of the submission when it was listed as received, AND I no longer have the Fed Ex receipt so not sure what leg I have to stand on 'cuz at the moment seems as if I got nothing proof wise that they lost my order.  Super bummer 'cuz this box had some of my personal favorites from my 40 year old closet find including my Defenders 1 and Marvel Spotlight 28

Any suggestions much appreciated.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, toro said:

They are there, the system from 1990 can't seem to handle anything over 8 months.  In about a year when they get out of CCS they will appear again on your submission list.  Think of it as a Christmas Festivus miracle.  :insane:

The answer is most likely what others have posted, but out of millions and millions of submissions, I'm guessing people have had stuff lost before too.

good luck, and call if you can't find it through the process described above.

When they first logged in your comics at CGC, they gave the group a submission number, or multiple submission numbers if different tiers, different services, etc.  They sent you an email confirmation at that time, with the submission number(s). 

That is what you need to look up orders after 8 months old, or you have to wait for CS to get you that info.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:48 AM, toro said:

They are there, the system from 1990 can't seem to handle anything over 8 months.  In about a year when they get out of CCS they will appear again on your submission list.  Think of it as a Christmas miracle.  :insane:

Yep. Back in the 90s, our computers could only count to 8, and years only had two digits. It was a dark time.

:wink:

I did finally hear back, and earlier posts were correct.  The submission was split into 2 parts so the CGC# was not important, and, of course, I didn't keep the original email so I lost the new submission numbers.  However, all is good in the world once again as my precious books have been found.  Not sure if the post here got attention somehow, but it is interesting that I got an answer 2 days after the original post.  Thanks again everyone.