• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is USPS signing for packages without you?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

I had no idea it was this bad with USPS -- signature  confirmation is basically a money making scam, it seems. Do the dealers know this is going on? In the past year, Anthony, Burkey and Albert have all sent art to me via USPS. Does anyone know if they would use FedEx, if requested? 

Edited by Race

I was at home recently, waiting for a package that was out for delivery.  I watched the truck roll up to the mailbox and a couple minutes later he puts items in the box....no packages, and never left the truck.  I went out when he left and found the "sorry we missed you" paper among the mail.  😬😬😬   Yeah, the house is 75 feet from the box but at least make the effort. 

On 7/24/2022 at 7:19 PM, Spidey 62 said:

I was at home recently, waiting for a package that was out for delivery.  I watched the truck roll up to the mailbox and a couple minutes later he puts items in the box....no packages, and never left the truck.  I went out when he left and found the "sorry we missed you" paper among the mail.  😬😬😬   Yeah, the house is 75 feet from the box but at least make the effort. 

I figured everyone kept a sign taped to the inside of their front door for re-use that says "I ASSURE YOU I AM HOME" in black sharpie. 

About 7 years ago I posted on here about fedex delivering several HA auctions to the wrong house. Another boardie suggested Postal Annex or something comparable, and was surprised so many people don’t do that with the prices we’re paying for art. And now I have the same opinion. Pay about 200 bucks a year at postal annex, and have not had a delivery issue since - they sign and hold onto the package til I can pick it up, and send me an email when it’s there. I’ll gladly keep paying that 200 to not deal with the stress y’all do. 

Edited by cloud cloddie

On 7/25/2022 at 7:46 PM, cloud cloddie said:

About 7 years ago I posted on here about fedex delivering several HA auctions to the wrong house. Another boardie suggested Postal Annex or something comparable, and was surprised so many people don’t do that with the prices we’re paying for art. And now I have the same opinion. Pay about 200 bucks a year at postal annex, and have not had a delivery issue since - they sign and hold onto the package til I can pick it up, and send me an email when it’s there. I’ll gladly keep paying that 200 to not deal with the stress y’all do. 

200 dollars gets you half a torn corner of 5 year art these days. Do you think I can spare that?? Kidding. The real answer is human psychology. You should experience my life when trying to book a flight. I will search multiple routes, days, airlines, you name it, all to save 100-200 dollars on a flight. In the end I often don't book anything. But I would spend that same difference in fare in a heartbeat on some collectible or piece of art. 400 dollars for piece X, man sure that's so cheap, I'll take it. 600 dollars for a flight to Y? No way I am paying more than 400 for that. 

Edited by cstojano