• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 104
3 3

16 posts in this topic

That is a beautiful copy. With a good clean and press, I would say 8.5 to 9.0. The only possible issue that I see is the light foxing coming through on the upper right corner of the back cover. Really nice book though. Congrats.

Edited by Nilo2

8.5±0.5. The stress marks on the spine and there are tiny defects around the top corners will be the tipping points. I think these will be treated less harshly b/c the book is almost 55 years old. I have one, great colors but it has a 1/2-3/4" tear in the cover, so this one wins by a mile. Great looking and one of the better covers in the late silver age Hulks.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:25 AM, Nilo2 said:

That is a beautiful copy. With a good clean and press, I would say 8.5 to 9.0. The only possible issue that I see is the light foxing coming through on the upper right corner of the back cover. Really nice book though. Congrats.

Thank you! 

A solid 8.5 due primarily to the color breaking spine stresses. Possibly a 9.0 on a good day. Unless there are dents not visible in the photos, a C&P will not raise the technical grade. The light dirt on BC is acceptable at this grade.  I wouldn't waste my time or money on pressing it.