• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

Nurse forget to give you your pills today Mr. Crabby?

Oh, so you like Crab but won't eat Beef. Well, let me let you in on a secret. Guess what is quite closely related to Crabs eh? Spiders. So think that next time you and your vegan coven decide Meat is Murder!!!!!!!

Carnivores 1 Vegans 0

grin.gifdevil.gif

Nurse forget to give you your pills today Mr. Crabby?

No, but silly me, I come to the CGC COMICS FORUM to (gasp) talk about COMICS, and yet each time a new post is in Copper, I click on it, and find you two geekwads jabbering on about some OT geek animal kingdom BS, that obviously should be in the Water Cooler.

And I'm sure both your mothers must be so proud. foreheadslap.gif

Its spelled carnivores. Now, lets get back to the business at hand. Still looking for that elusive Joe 21 9.8. Nope, havent found it yet.

Damn, I knew that didn't look right when I spelled it. I am going to edit it. As far as geek wad stuff that belongs in watercooler. We do get back on topic, occassionally. grin.gif

Carnivores 2 Vegans 1

Back to the topic at hand. There has to be 250K copies out there and still no 9.8. People KNOW this book would sell for $1000+ dollars in 9.8+ and yet it seems that nobody pays it any mind. I guess money doesnt mean much in the comic book world. tongue.gif Ive said this before.....if they can grade a copy of Spiderman #1 AND X-men #1 in 9.8 then surely there must be a few copies of the lowly #21 floating around. If I were a dealer, id be looking left and right for this "copper age book" thatll top a 9.8 spiderman 300 in price. Thats just me though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you're referring to Uncanny X-Men 1 and Amazing Spider-Man 1, sure they can be graded 9.8. However, I'll bet you would be upset if someone tried to pass off a G.I.Joe 21 in the exact same condition as those comics as a 9.8.

Not to mention that a CGC 9.8 is an ethereal concept that only CGC can determine, and older, more valuable books are still worth lots of cash in all of the grades.

No one in their right mind is going to submit a ton of GI Joe 21's, hoping to get a 9.8, as even if the CGC Gods smiled upon them, they'd still have to sell off the mound of leftover CGC 9.2-9.6 copies.

Once GI Joe 21 starts selling for hundreds of $$$ in CGC 9.2-9.4, then expect a few 9.8's to magically appear. Until then... sleeping.gif

If I were a dealer, id be looking left and right for this "copper age book" thatll top a 9.8 spiderman 300 in price. Thats just me though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But what does GI Joe 21 sell for in CGC 9.0? 9.2? 9.4? Would it really be worth it, compared to sending in another stack of ASM 300's?

If I were a dealer, id be looking left and right for this "copper age book" thatll top a 9.8 spiderman 300 in price. Thats just me though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But what does GI Joe 21 sell for in CGC 9.0? 9.2? 9.4? Would it really be worth it, compared to sending in another stack of ASM 300's?

No, but do a prescreen for 9.6 or higher on a stack of 100. Cost you $300, but will be worth it.

agreed. Ungraded copies still fetch 20-30 bucks. 9.4's can hit the 100 mark and Ive seen 9.6s go for over 200. Id gamble on a stack of prescreened ones. Also, you might be correct about putting an X-men and ASM 1 in 9.8 up against a newer book, but remember that book is almost 22 years old.

No, but do a prescreen for 9.6 or higher on a stack of 100. Cost you $300, but will be worth it.

So you'd get a higher return than 100 ASM 300's pre-screened at 9.4?

Sold a Joe 21 9.4 about a year ago or so for $150 on ebay. If that gives you an idea. Its the only 9.4 copy I have ever found and I have been looking for hard for 5 years and lazily for 10. Not saying they arent out there, but go to any small or medium show and you will be lucky to find one high grade copy and it usually wont be even a NM-. Any show will have a ASM 300 around in high grade. Its not hard to find.

Let people ignore this book works fine with me. Ill hoard till I am blue in the face with them. This book has alot of crossover appeal from joe collectors to just comic book loves in general.