• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

Dude, for all I know, Dungeon is a Sausage Pirate.

Oh man, that paints a grim picture of you chasing around after him/her/it. 893whatthe.gif

eheheheeh 27_laughing.gif. No, I am way past my skirt/pants chasing days. I have reconciled myself to living alone with comics. And perhaps the occassional(man, I think I misspelled that) piece of pie.

Our journey for a 9.8 worthy copy of GI Joe #21 has come to an end. We are very delighted to have FINALLY graded one that high. Im near 100% sure this book would garnish the treasured 9.8 grade, but like I said in an earlier post, were not going to send it to CGC because were happy with it the way it is. Im still looking for a bunch of other raw or graded 9.8-9.6 Joes #2-#30. If you have any of these PLEASE PM me. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Its not sad to see a 4 year journey end because it so friggin hard to find this issue! Its time to move on. Im sure a lot of you will be pleased to hear the voices of GI JOE #21 end once and for all.....from us anyway. wink.gif

Sorry Ill continue my search till one shows up in the census as 9.8. No offense, but just stating you have one no matter how hard u grade doesnt mean its one. Spend the $16 and end it for us. Until then Ill keep looking for at least me.

I was never in it for the money or the prestige of having the first official 9.8. Im a collector not a flipper and I wish you luck in finding one. Theres no doubt in my mind our copy would grade a 9.8 and thats all that matters to us. acclaim.gif

Our journey for a 9.8 worthy copy of GI Joe #21 has come to an end. We are very delighted to have FINALLY graded one that high. Im near 100% sure this book would garnish the treasured 9.8 grade, but like I said in an earlier post, were not going to send it to CGC because were happy with it the way it is. Im still looking for a bunch of other raw or graded 9.8-9.6 Joes #2-#30. If you have any of these PLEASE PM me. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Its not sad to see a 4 year journey end because it so friggin hard to find this issue! Its time to move on. Im sure a lot of you will be pleased to hear the voices of GI JOE #21 end once and for all.....from us anyway. wink.gif

You'll have that book at CGC the minute CGC grades one at 9.8. Otherwise you'll never know, no matter how you much you believe in your own grading ability, if your copy is as good as the graded 9.8.

Why not just avoid the inevitable and send it in?

I was never in it for the money or the prestige of having the first official 9.8. Im a collector not a flipper and I wish you luck in finding one. Theres no doubt in my mind our copy would grade a 9.8 and thats all that matters to us. acclaim.gif

27_laughing.gif

You'll have that book at CGC the minute CGC grades one at 9.8. Otherwise you'll never know, no matter how you much you believe in your own grading ability, if your copy is as good as the graded 9.8.

Why not just avoid the inevitable and send it in?

Because were not trying to make money off it. In other words NOT FOR SALE. Were satisfied with just having a copy this nice after years of searching.

Went to a show today looking for Joe 21s. Found two at one dealer's table out of 13 dealers. One copy was a Fine- and dealer wanted $40 and other copy was VF+ and he wanted $60. I didnt even haggle on those two and left them. Guide is around $20-30 in NM.

There tough to find in any condition for some reason, and when some dealers have them they fleece. Ill buy EVERY copy you have in NM for $30. This is one book thats underpriced in OS.

Just checking back looking for pictures - you have expensive digital camera equipment right? Why have you not posted any yet?

And to show the people who claim you are not who you say you are, how about holding the book in a couple of the longer shots?

confused-smiley-013.gif