• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

"This isn't about GI JOe in particular. It is about an obsession we all have for that one book we want so bad that nothing will get in our way. I think we all have one or two books we dream about about when we go to bed at night. ha Mine is a HOS 92 in Mint. We are are all collectors on this forum and the thought that we may never get the one or two books we covet drives us crazy."

This post transends the sillyness or JC and allows us to fell Dungeon's pain.

How in the world does a thread on GI Joe 21 reach this many posts? foreheadslap.gif

It is more than just about one book. It is a quest for a GRAIL , it transcend the realm of a mere comic,

and becomes a thing of myth, legened, transient, until made whole by possesion.

THANK YOU Brain. Finally, someone gets it.

"This isn't about GI JOe in particular. It is about an obsession we all have for that one book we want so bad that nothing will get in our way. I think we all have one or two books we dream about about when we go to bed at night. ha Mine is a HOS 92 in Mint. We are are all collectors on this forum and the thought that we may never get the one or two books we covet drives us crazy."

This post transends the sillyness or JC and allows us to fell Dungeon's pain.

Im sure youll get your HOS 92 one day, but its going to cost you a bunch more than my Joe 21. JC is just a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. He enjoys pessimism. Makes him feel better about his lonely, pathetic, existance. tongue.gif

How in the world does a thread on GI Joe 21 reach this many posts? foreheadslap.gif

It is more than just about one book. It is a quest for a GRAIL , it transcend the realm of a mere comic,

You Are Welcome, and YES I DO GET IT.

cool.gif

Get what?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Money doesn't matter on that book. I am taking off a 2 year leave of abscence to drive around the country and knock on doors, visit attics, garage sales, etc until I find one. If I find any Action 1's I won't care (yea right)

Get what?? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif........ Could it be the whole idea of collecting....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Money doesn't matter on that book. I am taking off a 2 year leave of abscence to drive around the country and knock on doors, visit attics, garage sales, etc until I find one. If I find any Action 1's I won't care (yea right)

You don't joke a lot in your posts, but this has to be a joke...right? If not, I think I can find you some rope and a book on how to tie nooses.

I have it and as I told Timulty already, Ill scan it after I get a scanner for christmas and at my own leisure.

juggle.gif

Yup, its after christmas, and it seems you have plenty of leisure time. So get scanning! And we also want a photo of you holding the book and todays newspaper.

So we get the quality in the scan and the proof in the photo

grin.gif