• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

Ah, go sue McDonald's for making you fat

If this is the kind of abuse I get from the Board Fatasses & Tubbies, simply for being in shape, I guess that's my cross to bear. acclaim.gif

Ah, go sue Mel Gibson and Jesus for making cross-bearing so trendy.

This book is tough, as we all know for a number of reasons including the paper quality and also the colors on the cover that show wear exceptionally easy. This book was also one of the books that numerous modern comic artists point to as being one of their personal favorites when the book hit the stands.

This book is tough, as we all know for a number of reasons including the paper quality and also the colors on the cover that show wear exceptionally easy. This book was also one of the books that numerous modern comic artists point to as being one of their personal favorites when the book hit the stands.
I enjoyed the dialogue. yay.gif

I agree. The stories were fantastic. People who have never read the first 40-50 issues or so always comment on it being a little kiddy book, but it really was well written. If it wasnt, I wouldnt have read it or collected it for as long as I have.

Don't be simple and try and say I'm comparing cigarettes or drugs to comics, but the MOTIVES behind the companies are very close.

When CGC sets the price, I will agree with your assesement. That is the motive behind any product and any business. You go into any store and you will see prodcuts that cater to the hard core buyer/collector. I am not being simple, just realistic. That is the nature of business. If every business enterprise has those that are "addicted" whether it be internet, TV, buying fishing equipment, or beer. The prices being paid for comics with CGC labels is insane, but we have the choice to buy them or not. I choose not too. If someone has an addiction to CGC labels, then that is there problem, not CGC.

Its ALL about the money. This is why I only collect raw books these days. I probably wont ever sell them anyways, so i avoid the pitfalls of overpaying for a slabbed book in the hopes of it going up in value.

The prices being paid for comics with CGC labels is insane, but we have the choice to buy them or not. I choose not too. If someone has an addiction to CGC labels, then that is there problem, not CGC.

Do you work for Philip Morris? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, why are you so sure you aren't overpaying for a raw 9.8 -- I mean, the only reason a Joe 21 9.8 will ever cost you $1500 is because of slabs... so either way, you probably can't avoid that pitfall.

Its ALL about the money. This is why I only collect raw books these days. I probably wont ever sell them anyways, so i avoid the pitfalls of overpaying for a slabbed book in the hopes of it going up in value.

EVERY company wants to hook you on their product. You can't blame CGC for this.

Of course not, but I find it very amusing when naive posters on here, seem to think that CGC just decided to slab books one day and woke up the next morning with a "Our CGC slabs are selling for HOW MUCH?" incredulous surprise... foreheadslap.gif