• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2022 Report or How My Feet Hurt
2 2

88 posts in this topic

Arrived at about 5:30 PM on Wednesday.  The line to check for Covid vaccine or tests was quite long.  I didn't want to spend hours in that line.  I was getting a bit annoyed at the situation, but I checked the Con website to see where the other stations were located.  I found one a few blocks away and the wife and I headed there. 

It took all of 5 minutes to obtain our Covid wristbands.  Ok, I'm starting to feel better!  The wife headed into the Gaslamp district for dinner and I headed back to the convention center for Preview night.  The doors were to oen at 6 PM!  I was very excited!

Edited by Bumble Kitty
Mistake

Well 6 PM came and went and they were not letting anyone in.  I think they had a long line upstairs for anyone who wanted to get in first.  Those people had to file in before they opened the doors in the front.  By 6:20 PM, the doors were not opened.  I was starting to get upset.  However, I wasn't sure if my feelings were due to my hunger pangs, so I made a quick run over to Kansas City BBQ for a quick sandwich.

That place was busy and it was interesting to see the manager run around and tell all the servers not to accept reservations until Monday and not to accept any take out orders.  It was funny to see first time customers "oh and ah" over the Top Gun movie displays.

Pic 4.JPG

Having never been but thinking about going for the first time next year...I'm already intimidated by these photos.  :tonofbricks:

Weaving between crowds, searching through boxes and boxes, potentially dropping big money on books that I might possibly buy on an impulse.  And then the creator tables with the OA and sketch opportunities?

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip report.