• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS pressed book...grader notes?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It depends on whether or not these defects were apparent prior to pressing, and whether or not they were fixable via pressing.

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure I posted this book on the spare a grade board. I'll see if I can bump it on that board so we can see it pre press.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, lostboys said:

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure I posted this book on the spare a grade board. I'll see if I can bump it on that board so we can see it pre press.

Please tag me if you find it, I haven't perused the PGM sub in awhile.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:58 AM, lostboys said:

Are these odd grader notes for a book that was pressed?

20220727_095527.jpg

All depends. Some creases leave a remnant if there is any color loss or color rub associated with them. The pressing will get them flat, but if any ink has been compromised it will still show during the grading process. 

Edited by joeypost

On 7/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, joeypost said:

All depends. Some creases leave a remnant if there is any color loss or color rub associated with them. The pressing will get them flat, but if any ink has been compromised it will still show during the grading process. 

Please check it out on the spare a grade board if you get a chance. It was a beautiful book. Not a 9.8 but nice.