• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Account credit balance inquiry

8 posts in this topic

Is there a way for me to check to see what the credit balance is on my account?  If I access my account by clicking "My CGC" --> "My Account" it just shows my e-mail address, password (or rather a bunch of * to represent it), customer number, and shipping address.  I would like to see how much has been used of my membership credit and other credits I've received.  Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello! 

Thank you for your message! Currently we do not have available credits visible anywhere on our site. Currently you have $26 in credit left on your account to be used on submissions. Let us know if you have any other questions!

@MattM CS, thanks for the response.  How can I get a detailed statement showing my credits and debits?  The $26 credit you say is left in my account is way below what it should be.

Edited by Engr62

• Administrator

@Engr62 Of course! I just emailed you a statement of all of the fees and credits associated with your account. You can find there is $11 credit remaining from your Membership Credit and a $15 Credit applied for submission 4088178. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

@MattM CS Thank you for sending the statement.  Are these statements sent on a regular basis without one having to request it?  If not, they should be.

Looking at the statement you sent, I should have a credit balance of $60.  Instead, I was billed $34 to my credit card that shouldn't have been billed, AND the $34 was also subtracted from my CGC credit balance--leaving only $26 instead of $60.  In short, CGC basically overbilled me $68.

Combined with the mechanical error which required me to send the comic back for reholdering, this was definitely not the best first impression for CGC to make.

Edited by Engr62

• Administrator

Hello,

We are showing the below breakdown for the membership credits used. For additional information regarding payments and credits, please contact our Accounting department directly at 941-360-3990 ext. 810. Thank you. 

Grading Fees: $39

Handling Fees: $5

Shipping Fees: $35

Grading Fees: $20

Handling Fees: $5

Shipping Fees: $35

Total member credit used: $139.00

@CMatthews, thank you for the break-down.  Return shipping for each of these two submissions was supposed to be FedEx Ground (at $18 per)--which is what was selected on the submission form--but, for some reason, 4088178 came back shipped via USPS Priority with signature verification ($35).  I was credited with the $17 difference when I spoke with customer service since it was returned using a shipping method I did not select on the submission form.

4088179 is now at the "Grading/Quality Control' step.  Is there anyway to make sure it is returned using the proper shipping/cost before it goes out?  I see in your breakdown you have the shipping fees for this one as $35 as well--which is not correct.

• Administrator
On 8/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, Engr62 said:

@CMatthews, thank you for the break-down.  Return shipping for each of these two submissions was supposed to be FedEx Ground (at $18 per)--which is what was selected on the submission form--but, for some reason, 4088178 came back shipped via USPS Priority with signature verification ($35).  I was credited with the $17 difference when I spoke with customer service since it was returned using a shipping method I did not select on the submission form.

4088179 is now at the "Grading/Quality Control' step.  Is there anyway to make sure it is returned using the proper shipping/cost before it goes out?  I see in your breakdown you have the shipping fees for this one as $35 as well--which is not correct.

Hello,

Although this is being shipped via USPS the shipping fee for this invoice is still $18. If this is changed after the invoice ships, please send us an email at submissions@cgccomics.com so we can work on refunding those extra fees to your account. Let us know if you have any other questions.