• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer #1 1968
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Cleaning will likely help more than pressing. The latter might get out some superficial creases and make the book present better. I'm going to say 5.0±0.5. I think the tears and the reader's crease are going to hold this down. I'd almost guess lower, except it's a square bound and generally looks much nicer than a lot of VGs

I’m thinking around a 4.0 with the tears around the staples and back cover. The front edges are very nice though so that may well pull it a bit higher, especially after a clean. Not sure whether it’s really worth pressing though and it can be more problematic as it’s a square bound issue.

5.0/5.5

The color-breaking crease along the spine is it's major defect and drops the book to FN. The tears are more or less acceptable in this range. Knock off a grade or two for the back cover stain. I don't think a press will make a difference much in the grade unless there's some handling creases in the covers that the pics don't show.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by grendelbo