• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 2022 Aug 5-7
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Is anyone going? I cant get excited for it for some reason. I went 8-9 years in a row and did not go in 2021 because it was 2 weeks before Christmas and because Covid restrictions.

I dont see CGC doing onsite grading, so I probably wouldn't get a sketch done. Plus with the market being some what influx, I dont know if I could find what Im looking for, Not that Im looking for any big books. I do find books Im looking for when I go and I have a great time but I dont know about this year... Ive meet all of the Comic guests that I want to meet (I love Ben Templesmith and Ryan Ottley both are AWESOME!!!) so there's nothing new there. I dont go to panels or meet celebrities, I dont like cosplayers (except Ivy Doomkitty :cloud9:).

The other reason being I cant get any of my friends to go to offset some of the Hotel/Gas prices. I could do just Saturday but the drive up to Chicago from St Louis is 5 hours, so that would make for a long day!

So please help to convince me to go!

I go to comic shows, even these larger "entertainment" ones, for comics -- not Pops or artists or panels or swords. And, pretty specific comics.

Fan Expo (RIP Wizard) was about a month ago and I bought 6 comics: 1 for $1; 3 for $3 each; and 1 for $50; this vendor lineup looks to be about the same in terms of number of comic dealers -- with some overlap from Expo.

I live about 30 mins away and am debating going, but it beats going to work and I do love flipping through comic boxes. I just hope there are raw comic boxes to flip through.

Well I know Ted and the Superworld Team are going, and they had some new books they've picked up.   I don't love C2E2 but I was at Chicago Fan Expo and I thought that show was pretty good-- and you're right likely the same dealers or mostly the same.   I know of some great scores at Expo last month.  If you go, get in during setup (volunteer to help a dealer, etc) and buy when the dealers are buying from each other so you aren't paying markup prices.

On 7/31/2022 at 7:12 PM, AndyFish said:

I know of some great scores at Expo last month.  If you go, get in during setup (volunteer to help a dealer, etc) and buy when the dealers are buying from each other so you aren't paying markup prices.

Easier said than done, IMO.

Were the great scores at Expo during setup?

No actually the biggest one (not mine) was a Golden Age Batman comic book from a dealer whose booth area looked very disheveled and you might pass by thinking they had nothing but junk.   The buyer went on Sunday afternoon and really dug and found this with a box of other golden age books that had been overlooked.   He posted the find on Instagram and got so much more of an offer for it he had to sell.  So the deals are there for those that look.

As for finding ways in-- so many of these dealers NEED help getting set up.  Establish a relationship with one or more of them and then ASK if they can get you in for setup you'll help out.   You might be surprised how quickly someone agrees (probably too late for this show, but something to think for the next one).

Good Post!   

Anyone who would like an exhibitor helper  pass in exchange for helping me

Load in Wednesday sometime between 9 and 1 

And I would offer an additional pass For help loading out 

I would also add that I would make the same offer at other shows as well 

If you want more details Message  me through these boards with contact info 

Prior to Tuesday 4pm

Thanks

Steve

Golden memories 

For anyone attending Friday, Elton John is playing at nearby Soldier Field so there will be street parking restrictions in the area. I think it starts one or two hours before an event (not sure what time the concert starts) and continues one or two hours after the event as well. If you get there early and are lucky enough to find a spot on the street be sure to check the signs. If you stay late your car could end up being towed. Traffic will probably be extra terrible on the way out Friday as well.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, Iceman399 said:

What in the F

I'm trying to come to your stupid city and you just abandon it?

booth cost was too high and I'm flying my mom to mexico this weekend. was supposed to be last weekend but she got covid so we pushed it out a week

she's doing well.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, BriD. said:

For anyone attending Friday, Elton John is playing at nearby Soldier Field so there will be street parking restrictions in the area. I think it starts one or two hours before an event (not sure what time the concert starts) and continues one or two hours after the event as well. If you get there early and are lucky enough to find a spot on the street be sure to check the signs. If you stay late your car could end up being towed. Traffic will probably be extra terrible on the way out Friday as well.

i would not even risk street parking

On 8/1/2022 at 11:21 AM, AndyFish said:

No actually the biggest one (not mine) was a Golden Age Batman comic book from a dealer whose booth area looked very disheveled and you might pass by thinking they had nothing but junk.   The buyer went on Sunday afternoon and really dug and found this with a box of other golden age books that had been overlooked.   He posted the find on Instagram and got so much more of an offer for it he had to sell.  So the deals are there for those that look.

As for finding ways in-- so many of these dealers NEED help getting set up.  Establish a relationship with one or more of them and then ASK if they can get you in for setup you'll help out.   You might be surprised how quickly someone agrees (probably too late for this show, but something to think for the next one).

Do you know the IG name?

On 8/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

booth cost was too high and I'm flying my mom to mexico this weekend. was supposed to be last weekend but she got covid so we pushed it out a week

she's doing well.

I don't care about you setting up. I care about you being my chaperone so I don't get in trouble... Or have to deal with greggy. 

Hope mom is doing ok

Edited by Iceman399

On 8/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, Iceman399 said:

I don't care about you setting up. I care about you being my chaperone so I don't get in trouble... Or have to deal with greggy. 

Kyle will be there. I'll tell him to roll out the VIP treatment. @greggy has hit his USA quota for the year

On 8/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, Golden Memories said:

Good Post!   

Anyone who would like an exhibitor helper  pass in exchange for helping me

Load in Wednesday sometime between 9 and 1 

And I would offer an additional pass For help loading out 

I would also add that I would make the same offer at other shows as well 

If you want more details Message  me through these boards with contact info 

Prior to Tuesday 4pm

Thanks

Steve

Golden memories 

Good to know. I may send you a message for Fan Expo next year. 

Hey all! Alex and I will be attending the show in the same spot as last December (Booth #1319). We bought a bunch of books in SDCC and also received several shipments back while we were gone, so be prepared for even more new inventory. Overall, our inventory is miles better than when we were here this past winter, so I hope you all can stop by the booth and catch up with us. I'll post a few of the books we just got back here as well:

IMG_7235.thumb.JPG.5c110f1b1b6c402e1d938247f8ecc666.JPGF6E0E6A2-C6E9-4513-B57B-B83C876ADC53.thumb.JPG.8e146b87a7f2b235165f0ee974b83bea.JPG21D8DFDD-5767-4AB5-8754-21692FD944D0.thumb.JPG.dd63083a0effcd645e5d650102d32f55.JPG

-Austin

On 8/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Hey all! Alex and I will be attending the show in the same spot as last December (Booth #1319). We bought a bunch of books in SDCC and also received several shipments back while we were gone, so be prepared for even more new inventory. Overall, our inventory is miles better than when we were here this past winter, so I hope you all can stop by the booth and catch up with us. I'll post a few of the books we just got back here as well:

IMG_7235.thumb.JPG.5c110f1b1b6c402e1d938247f8ecc666.JPGF6E0E6A2-C6E9-4513-B57B-B83C876ADC53.thumb.JPG.8e146b87a7f2b235165f0ee974b83bea.JPG21D8DFDD-5767-4AB5-8754-21692FD944D0.thumb.JPG.dd63083a0effcd645e5d650102d32f55.JPG

-Austin

Are you bringing any magazines?