• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 vs Avengers 8
3 3

79 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I once had a friend named Mike Kang

Kav knows Kang too, far from Krang :baiting:

mike-

On 8/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, Bo1983 said:

Kav and Bo the Doctor doom and Kang of cgc threads 😎

TRUTH

On 8/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Bo1983 said:

Mark my word The Avengers will pass Star Wars  as the biggest movie franchise of all time and this will happen in 2025!

Not only that but the Avengers movies are actually good.  The star wars movies except for the original 3 are horrible, awful, stupid films.  Popular yes but awful.  

I know some of you guys are loving the coming of Kang, and I sincerely hope he delivers for you cinematically  and they release Kang-a-Roos Underoos and everyone lives happily ever after, but….the dude wears trout-fishing boots all the time! 
I can’t shake the feeling that we’re more likely to get another Grandmaster a la the Lebowski Thor comedy director style, not some epic bad@ss Thanos type.

I still say we get the Marvel western cowboys out of this, resulting in a Hawkeye and Two-Gun Kid series on Disney+, and maybe an adaptation of the Rawhide Kid mini where he comes out. This is the vehicle for Disney to bring back westerns; forget Avengers #8 and start hoarding those Dell photo covers! 

Edited by Readcomix
Missed a word

On 8/1/2022 at 1:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol In 2016 I need to raise money for a down payment on a house.  I think I sold my Avengers 8 CGC 8.0 for a record sum at the time of $500... 

Who knew ?

Thats okay. Think of the stuff you sold me for a dime, and then you threw in that obscure #9, to boot. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, shadroch said:

Thats okay. Think of the stuff you sold me for a dime, and then you threw in that obscure #9, to boot. 

Which was the obscure #9 ?  Avenging Spider-man? 

Almost all the stuff that went dirt cheap in bulk was really Teddy's / Stinky's overstock.  He had asked me to get rid of it for him as he was getting closer to retiring and decided not to renew his lease.  I knew him from when I was a kid and he was always good to me so I did the work gratis.  He had me keep some of it to cover supplies but even then it was no big deal.  

I am happier with the wins though as they outnumber losses. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/2/2022 at 7:41 AM, Buzzetta said:

Which was the obscure #9 ?  Avenging Spider-man? 

Almost all the stuff that went dirt cheap in bulk was really Teddy's / Stinky's overstock.  He had asked me to get rid of it for him as he was getting closer to retiring and decided not to renew his lease.  I knew him from when I was a kid and he was always good to me so I did the work gratis.  He had me keep some of it to cover supplies but even then it was no big deal.  

I am happier with the wins though as they outnumber losses. 

Stuff happens. Perhaps it will make you feel better to know I sold my first AF 15 for $135, and was thrilled as I'd paid $95 for it less tnan a year before.  A $40 profit in under a year. I was hooked.

Or my last sale, which was a 5.0 for just under 20K.  I wouldn't mind having either of those back.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:29 PM, Readcomix said:

I know some of you guys are loving the coming of Kang, and I sincerely hope he delivers for you cinematically  and they release Kang-a-Roos Underoos and everyone lives happily ever after, but….the dude wears trout-fishing boots all the time! 
I can’t shake the feeling that we’re more likely to get another Grandmaster a la the Lebowski Thor comedy director style, not some epic bad@ss Thanos type.

I still say we get the Marvel western cowboys out of this, resulting in a Hawkeye and Two-Gun Kid series on Disney+, and maybe an adaptation of the Rawhide Kid mini where he comes out. This is the vehicle for Disney to bring back westerns; forget Avengers #8 and start hoarding those Dell photo covers! 

3272EB62-518C-410A-9E1E-F391C817DB5F.png

On 8/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

ABC3CD8B-BB8F-4627-9C8A-2C8B4BE82DB3.jpeg.345fc9f8004fab445854799165e1f8b7.jpeg

From the same comic title that gave us the equally-inspired Thanos Copter.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/2/2022 at 10:59 AM, shadroch said:

Stuff happens. Perhaps it will make you feel better to know I sold my first AF 15 for $135, and was thrilled as I'd paid $95 for it less tnan a year before.  A $40 profit in under a year. I was hooked.

Or my last sale, which was a 5.0 for just under 20K.  I wouldn't mind having either of those back.

Ha, I remember having a long drink as I hit "submit" when I bought the 3.5 for $5500 and then a few years later, the 6.0 for $23k and having that feeling of agita wondering if I just did something incredibly stupid. 

Now, even if it slips back a bit, I can still sell it in around a decade from now and put it a nice chunk down on a small condo in NC or FL or somewhere that I see ocean. 

As long as the hits outweigh the misses I will still play. 

The idea though is to still let go of more than I take in, either by dollar amount or physical footprint. 

Maybe it is time for a plastic crack sale... first of the year... 

On 8/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Bo1983 said:

Mark my word The Avengers will pass Star Wars  as the biggest movie franchise of all time and this will happen in 2025!

I'm marking your word in my journal.