• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Weird Fantasy 16.
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Agreed, right on the edge of 3.5/4.0. 3.5 to be safe; might squeak out the 4.0 based on eye appeal, but I'd be bummed too re that hidden gash. And is there color touch on the right edge crease that goes through Feldstein's signature on the cover? (It looks like the color break 'disappears' in the black areas there.)

Oddly enough, I recently returned an EC purchase to Heritage, the first purchase I've ever returned to them since I started buying from them 15+ years ago. I won a Weird Science-Fantasy #24 described as VG, and realized too late that the book had a horrrrible spine split, visible even in the auction photo if you zoom way in:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/weird-science-fantasy-24-ec-1954-condition-vg/a/122220-15952.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

I was always very happy with their grading, and generally still am but it does seem more hit-or-miss lately.

Hmmm it does look it could be color touch, but I’m not seeing any bleed through. Checked with a black light; not sure. 

Sorry about that Weird Fantasy; the spine does look rough in the pic, but things like that really need to be mentioned in the listing. 

4B3BBA38-0B90-4F8A-A5C7-8B7F14CCA186.jpeg

22808EBB-7887-4B2A-9DE5-1E85CCD5F14F.jpeg

5100521E-B630-4564-AE0C-42DE6D56C551.jpeg

Edited by Kamenliter

4.0/4.5

On 8/1/2022 at 8:14 PM, Point Five said:

I was always very happy with their grading, and generally still am but it does seem more hit-or-miss lately.

Sounds familiar...

Thanks for posting.