• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Sketch Cover, Remark and CGC SS Marketplace thread!
9 9

67 posts in this topic

The rules:

*First unconditional & unedited  :takeit: with item info here in the thread or PM

*Payment due within 7 days of invoice unless arranged before "I'll Take It" or items may be reposted for sale. 

*Paypal only at this time 

*No returns on this item, no HOS or Probation list members please.

Shipping free within the US.  

Asking $1100 or best offer.  Will consider all reasonable offers. 

CGC SS 9.8 David Finch…..

IMG_9764.thumb.jpeg.738066de09321e91bed196f533927ea1.jpeg

Frank Miller is doing some CGC Remaques ($320), Head Sketch ($1085) and Full Figure Sketch ($2085) - these seem quite high prices.  

1.  What do people think?  Is it worth it generally?  I hear it is really a hit and miss situation

2.  Whilst the price difference between Remaque and Head Sketch (cost three times) is quite large - is it worth three times?  

Interested to hear people's views before I plonk a few thousand for this as I am a newbie when it comes to CGC sketch slabs.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:16 PM, Paul Ng said:

Frank Miller is doing some CGC Remaques ($320), Head Sketch ($1085) and Full Figure Sketch ($2085) - these seem quite high prices.  

1.  What do people think?  Is it worth it generally?  I hear it is really a hit and miss situation

2.  Whilst the price difference between Remaque and Head Sketch (cost three times) is quite large - is it worth three times?  

Interested to hear people's views before I plonk a few thousand for this as I am a newbie when it comes to CGC sketch slabs.

My suggestion would be to do a search for some of his sketches (there's a few on ebay currently) and see if you like them. Then decide if it's worth the money and the chance of a miss to you. 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, Paul Ng said:

Personally I don't think its worth it because he is getting older and the quality of the art is starting to suffer a bit. But if you really need to get a piece from him then it is what it is...might be your only shot. 

Edited by eastbayrudy

Just stumbled across a link to this thread in the Marketplace forum. I was about to box up a handful of sig series slabs to consign with mycomicshop but thought I'd give CGC one last try. Let's do one book and see if I have better luck here.

Usual rules, no bad boys (tsk), an :takeit: here trumps any private messages unless pmt has been exchanged, payment via Zelle (preferred) or Paypal (if that's all you got), no returns and shipping is good only to mainland USA (only other country I'd ship to is Canada but you'd have to cover international flat rate shipping, sorry).

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 CGC 9.6 signed by Marvelous Marv Wolfman. Asking $100 shipped. 

IMG_9057erererre.JPG