• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Sketch Cover, Remark and CGC SS Marketplace thread!
9 9

67 posts in this topic

It's sometimes hard (especially for new boardies) to know all the different ongoing posts.  There are already two dedicated Marketplaces for book sales, one of which is Original Art.  While I realize the Original Art collectors are more interested in covers and panel art, wouldn't it make more sense to have Sketch/Remarques located somewhere within that section of the boards?  If not for the fact that your comment was the most recent post in The Signature Room, I never would have known this existed.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, AndyBoBo said:

Is this the new post your SS sale thread?  Can't seem to find the old one.  Well, I killed an hour at FedEx today scanning and only 3 items actually sent to my email.  Many more to come, including my Romita Sr. Sketch cover starting at $9.99.  Need to make up after some of these sold and the buyer flaked...

Well, check 'em out on eBay!

Finished listing this batch :wishluck: I don't regret listing a few of these lol 

On 5/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, ExNihilo said:

It's sometimes hard (especially for new boardies) to know all the different ongoing posts.  There are already two dedicated Marketplaces for book sales, one of which is Original Art.  While I realize the Original Art collectors are more interested in covers and panel art, wouldn't it make more sense to have Sketch/Remarques located somewhere within that section of the boards?  If not for the fact that your comment was the most recent post in The Signature Room, I never would have known this existed.

The OA Marketplace is focused so much on original covers and pages that sketch covers are rarely even mentioned. The Signature Room is where most people display their newly acquired sketch covers and remarques. 

I was wondering the protocol of asking artists for a sketch on a cover of a comic book? I feel in line of a convention may not be a proper time to ask unless the artist has prices shown for sketches. Thanks for your feedback. 

On 6/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, golfplyr said:

I was wondering the protocol of asking artists for a sketch on a cover of a comic book? I feel in line of a convention may not be a proper time to ask unless the artist has prices shown for sketches. Thanks for your feedback. 

If the artist has a way to contact them you can always reach out a couple weeks prior to the convention and send them your book to sketch on. Then you can pick it up at the convention. Alternatively if you just want to get the sketch at the convention I'd recommend making a beeline to the artist's table in the first hour and dropping your book off with the artist. Get yourself on their commission list early. They'll work on it throughout the day when they have downtime. When you're ready to leave at the end of the day or when the sketch is done bring a cgc witness with you to pick up the book and you'll get the signature series label.

On 6/9/2023 at 5:39 PM, golfplyr said:

What if the book is already labeled signature series? Can the book still be dropped off for the artist to sketch?

If you are attending the convention, I would go to the artist table first thing to secure a spot on the artist sketch list. After you have put your name on the list, then let the artist know that you will be back with the book after you get help removing it from the slab by either CGC or the Facilitator that is at the show. Once the book is removed, a witness will accompany you back to the artist table to drop off the book. When the book is completed, get the witness to go with you to pick it up from the artist. 

Use the link @Ron C. provided to figure out what facilitator you might use if CGC isn't going to be there.

I am trying to fund something else, so I will post this one here first. Hulk sketch cover by the iconic (and hard to get) Dale Keown.

Closed

Edited by Ron C.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:49 PM, Ron C. said:

I am trying to fund something else, so I will post this one here first. Hulk sketch cover by the iconic (and hard to get) Dale Keown.

PayPal only. No returns (it will be packaged well).  1350  1215  shipped to CONUS. 10% off through the Super Bowl.

Closed

Edited by Ron C.

• Administrator
On 3/19/2024 at 7:25 PM, Ron C. said:

You know...with the limited amount of traffic here, I was wondering if we should extend this thread to CGC SS books as well?  @CGC Mike

That is fine with me.  I posted the selling rules in the second or third post in this thread.  They will need to be followed as they are in the marketplace.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

That is fine with me.  I posted the selling rules in the second or third post in this thread.  They will need to be followed as they are in the marketplace.

Thanks Mike.

Posted (edited)

Magneto sketch cover by Frank Kadar signed by Michael Fassbender. $750 Shipped to CONUS (Line down the center is my reflection).

PayPal only.

Kadar Fassbender 98.jpg

Edited by Ron C.