• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 92 - Grade is IN!
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I'm at 3.5±0.5. I've been pretty consistently coming in too low on the GA books in the contest, so I am adjusting accordingly. I was going to say 4.0, but the piece out of the cover on the spine stops me. Although the Green Lantern book in the contest has a much larger piece missing. What I'm saying is my grade is not reliable at all, so you're paying too much for my opinion. 

On 8/3/2022 at 10:00 PM, MrRoboto said:

2.5-3.0 imo. This around the cutoff area for golden/silver age. I think it’s silver age so I’ll stick with my guess.

I think of this as a Golden Age book. Is there even a definitive cutoff date? I see where sources say 1955 or 1956. I do believe this book is slightly larger than Silver Age books which could be a characteristic of Golden Age books? 

On 8/3/2022 at 10:54 PM, scburdet said:

I'm at 3.5±0.5. I've been pretty consistently coming in too low on the GA books in the contest, so I am adjusting accordingly. I was going to say 4.0, but the piece out of the cover on the spine stops me. Although the Green Lantern book in the contest has a much larger piece missing. What I'm saying is my grade is not reliable at all, so you're paying too much for my opinion. 

I'm really hoping for a 4.0. I've seen comics that display much worse and with more defects getting that a high a number, but whom am I to say. As the previous poster indicated the era it falls into might be a consideration? 

As far as your opinion goes, it is appreciated. The price I paid for it is very fair and reasonable as well! 

On 8/4/2022 at 6:07 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

I'm really hoping for a 4.0.

I think it could happen. 3.5/4.0.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:01 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

I think of this as a Golden Age book. Is there even a definitive cutoff date? I see where sources say 1955 or 1956. I do believe this book is slightly larger than Silver Age books which could be a characteristic of Golden Age books? 

Thanks for posting.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:08 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

I sure hope your excellent grading prognostication continues because I am loving your assessment of this book! 

Well, I’m no expert, so we’ll see how it goes.  Although, if CGC wanted to hire me for my adequate skills, they’d be sniffing the wrong dog’s butt. :roflmao:

On 8/3/2022 at 10:54 PM, scburdet said:

Came back at 3.5. Hoped for a 4.0, but I'm happy. - I will give you credit since you were first in with a 3.5. Seems like that was the consensus. Maybe CGC needs to pay you for your opinion since you were spot on! Thanks to all who replied! It is much appreciated!

Edited by O Doyle Rules