• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 162 cover
3 3

27 posts in this topic

If it was Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster I think bidding would be higher. :bigsmile:

Minus SNIKT action I’d guess it will make the paddle hands heavier to rise to the auctioneers call. Still it’s Trimpe, it’s Hulk,,,. its a cover,,.

i have a scan of the OA  in the body of an email but am really tech illiterate...............sorry i dont know how to post it

also, its NFS was just curious re value with the Heritage auction in sept and the hulk 180 page featured with the 1st app. of the guy who becomes wendigo

On 8/4/2022 at 4:52 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Hi everybody

Approximately what price do you think this may bring today!

1st wendigo

Well here’s the comic cover as an idea. I don’t know I’d guess $40-50k but some people paying more for first appearances.

For me without Wolverines claws slashing I would not place an unusual premium on this.

18F521C3-9FC1-49C6-86B4-91BD7B4F2902.webp.f7f833a54417d0befab39b619d8f9e80.webp

On 8/5/2022 at 12:27 AM, grapeape said:

Well here’s the comic cover as an idea. I don’t know I’d guess $40-50k but some people paying more for first appearances.

For me without Wolverines claws slashing I would not place an unusual premium on this.

18F521C3-9FC1-49C6-86B4-91BD7B4F2902.webp.f7f833a54417d0befab39b619d8f9e80.webp

Why am I seeing only a big white square with a tiny question mark in the centre?  (shrug)

On 8/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, alxjhnsn said:

I don't know. I can see it.

Weird - other stuff is showing up just fine and occasionally now I'm getting this.  Usually the question mark shows up when I'm looking at years old threads but this has started happening just recently...

On 8/5/2022 at 4:28 AM, romitaman said:

I own this cover and I've already turned down 150k for it, But to each his own as to values these days.

Well I defer to you Mike. You guys know better than I do. It’s just hard to believe that cover would be valued so highly in cash value. Maybe half trade. But you turned it down so you’re waiting to hear the crazy number?

On 8/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, grapeape said:

Well I defer to you Mike. You guys know better than I do. It’s just hard to believe that cover would be valued so highly in cash value. Maybe half trade. But you turned it down so you’re waiting to hear the crazy number?

I realize that we cannot keep track of artwork prices for all artists, but the $150K offer for Burkey’s Hulk cover seems to be well within reason, considering the last time a Trimpe Hulk cover from this era sold publicly for $45K back in 2015.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:53 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I realize that we cannot keep track of artwork prices for all artists, but the $150K offer for Burkey’s Hulk cover seems to be well within reason, considering the last time a Trimpe Hulk cover from this era sold publicly for $45K back in 2015.

QFT!

$175k is  realistically possible given it's the first appearance of an important character in the hulk mythos